ALERT to all clubs / orgainizations that schedule tournament in NYS

This is a heads up to all, everyone should check out the DEC website there is a proposal listed for 2025 bass season that would change the way everyone applies for tournament permits. At this time they are looking for everyones input on their proposal. Part of these changes would be all permits will be applied for through the DEC website, there would be no charge, you can schedule as much as 365 days before your event and no less than 45 days, they will keep a list of all events on their website, and all tournament directors will be required to record results to the DEC for them to track fish take.

this is the basic of it check it out if it is passed it will start this summer for next season events

2. Member
    I like it. It’s definitely help with scheduling but there’s clubs (both local and out of state) who dont apply for permits and it’s becoming more of an issue. I think the DEC needs to do a better job at enforcing permits.

As a previous TD and VP of a club, I got TRP permits for every state ramp and called private ramps to make sure we were all scheduled. I’d follow up the week before with private ramps to make sure we wouldn’t impede on anything they had planned. nothing was more frustrating than showing up at a ramp and having another club there who didn’t apply for permits and they complain that we showed up. Theres a club who doesn’t apply for permits and takes up the entire ramp parking so even recreational guys can’t launch; the club ends up parking on private property and has led to a lot of issues with residents who are now trying to ban tournaments on the lake
    Last edited by ECobb91; 04-11-2024 at 09:24 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    I have always registered. (permits) with the N. Y. DEC so not to step on another toes their club tournaments with also getting permission at private town & campground ramps like I do in Pa I do believe its a good idea less conjestion

4. Member
    I have been a TD for a long time and i always have gotten permits in hand before posting our schedule as well, in places that don't require one i check with the launch owners as well to avoid bumping heads with others.

i was posting this to let others know that it looks like the procedure for applying for permits will be changing,