Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Adrian Aveena's response to Micheal Neal @Redcrest vid dropped...

So, the whole Avina/Neal drama over that cove/pocket at Redcrest - Adrian dropped his vid with most of the interaction... Can't say who's right or wrong really, I can see both sides I guess.

Adrian says he was on that spot before Neal the day before (and has video to show it) BUT he didn't fish it then, he went looking for spawners and was going to come back to it later. Of course Neal had found it/was on it by then. The next day, they both go there - Neal with such a big lead he's not even fishing he's just spot sitting keeping other anglers off of it. When Avina comes in Neal says something about "I guess you didn't listen to your roommate..." referring to what we had heard about Dustin Connell supposedly telling Adrian not to go to that pocket b/c Neal was there the day before. But Adrian went anyway. So, a bit of back and forth ensues... Not as fun to watch as KVD/IKE or Tharpe/Herren back in the day though...

2. Member
    It's kinda funny when dudes fight over public water.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

Not a good look for either guy.

4. Member
    It should b pretty simple. Who ever was there first gets to fish it first. Unless some kind of an agreement.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    It should b pretty simple. Who ever was there first gets to fish it first. Unless some kind of an agreement.
    You're right about that. Although Adrian didn't make the final day sharing that stretch didn't work out for any of them

6. Member
    I bet someone fished that spot before either did! I have met Micheal and didn’t think he would have much to say about the confrontation. Neither actually own the spot. Geez

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post

Agreed...... Both professionals, act like it. Got a problem with a co-worker, talk it out in private or shut off the camera's and speak. And, don't post crap about it on social media. These guys keep punching themselves in the eyes day after day...... I don't get it.

8. Member
    The key word is spot sitting. I think you cannot do that. As long as he stays at least a cast away I don’t see anything wrong with it. That is just the way fishing is now days.

Neal was just going to sit there all day and not fish, just so nobody else could fish it? N

Fishing drama
    IMG_4236.gif
    Ranting incoherently

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Just wait, a lot of guys see their careers coming to and end. We will see a lot more of this soon and i bet a lot more in the opens next year

12. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Fishing drama
    Right
    Who controls John Gill?

13. Member
    So who won the tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Fishing drama
    IMG_4236.gif

I actually belong to my daughter's high school drama club (all teenagers and mostly girls) and I'll tell you, lately........ tournament bass fishing has got my kids beat in a big way with drama.

Doesn’t seem like on this video that it was much of a confrontation.

16. Member
    So one guy wanted to hole sit all day and not fish... hard to imagine that is within the rules... but I digress.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Neal with such a big lead he's not even fishing he's just spot sitting keeping other anglers off of it.
    I don't know if spot sitting is the right phrase here. Is he required to go fish elsewhere if he wants to save his fish?
    Did Neal didn't fish before or after this happened?
    After you get a limit from a spot, are you supposed to leave so other people can come in and have a chance?

Hate to say this as I'm a long time Avena fan, but I'm not sure how a day one drive by allows him to claim that as his spot.
    The video makes it look like he only went there because Connell told him that Neal caught his fish there the day before.
    puma proxs

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    ...Can't say who's right or wrong really...
    Fishing on public waters... there is no right or wrong as long as tournament "rules" aren't broken. These guys can have their feelings hurt when someone breaks moral code - but when there is big money in the mix, they have to know these situations are going to happen.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tx_basser View Post
    So one guy wanted to hole sit all day and not fish... hard to imagine that is within the rules... but I digress.
    Fishermen have been doing that for decades. Happened every ledge tournament on the TN river after they caught their weight.

20. Member
    Doesn't look good when someone comes in on 1st and 3rd place anglers. Maybe Avena really did drive by the area on day one and leave because he didn't like what he saw. Does that give him the right to come in on 1st and 3rd place? Unfortunately, the old school rules and courtesy no longer apply.

I had something similar in a tournament after leading day 1. On day 2 some guy came in on my small area claiming he fished it the day prior. I knew he was lying because Inwas boat 1 on day one, went right there and never left. Day 3, he tried pulling the same shit. I told him if he really did fish it in practice, he messed up by not fishing it day one and went on to belittle him for encroaching on the leader and would he like the same done to him.

Karma will make situations like that right.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast