Don’t really care for Denny Hamlin. But he nails it on this.

2. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    He's wrong. They need to make Daytona into a figure 8 track. That'll spice it up.

I used to go to Martinsville twice a year. Haven't been in 40 years. Any one lane track gets boring.

4. Member
    I hate hamlin...but he isnt wrong. Gotta have the tires fall off, he is a super good at tire management hence hisncomments on said tire...i say make the car less ridgid, add some more power and give em a softer tire...make the driver actually drive once again
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

5. Member
    I like a lot of horse power and little downforce. Wish that could come back to NASCAR.
    Just be kind to one another. It really is that simple.

https://www.instagram.com/the_lenny_draper/

6. Member
    The winners walk out laughing and the losers cry deal again.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LDraper View Post
    I like a lot of horse power and little downforce. Wish that could come back to NASCAR.
    Indeed...tons of power...little downforce = fun stuff
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

8. Member
    I am a Hendrick and RCR fan. And a Hendrick car won the last race. But I really don’t like this next gen car. From that rear diffuser to the single lug nut to that 5 speed transmission that you just pull back to shift up and push forward to downshift. Never thought I would see them shift at Martinsville. Didn’t see anything wrong with the car they ran before this one. Newer ain’t always better.

NASCAR has done everything to make the cars as equal as possible. Unfortunately the sport has lost a ton of fans because on any given day, the 30th best driver/team can win a race. Lost in all of this was the great team's that worked their butts off to make the car better, faster, better handling, etc...

Personally, I liked it when teams had more options and used a strategy to their advantage. More powerful engines, better fuel mileage, better setup for long runs/tire wear, etc... Teams had to know the strength of their car manufacturer, as well as their diver. Today it seems to be a crap shot every week.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dlewis10 View Post
    NASCAR has done everything to make the cars as equal as possible. Unfortunately the sport has lost a ton of fans because on any given day, the 30th best driver/team can win a race. Lost in all of this was the great team's that worked their butts off to make the car better, faster, better handling, etc...

Personally, I liked it when teams had more options and used a strategy to their advantage. More powerful engines, better fuel mileage, better setup for long runs/tire wear, etc... Teams had to know the strength of their car manufacturer, as well as their diver. Today it seems to be a crap shot every week.
    +1
    Triton 2003 TR21
    2010 225 HO E-TEC
    HHBC

Either make the tires wear, smaller tires , or enough hp to hurt the tires .
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    I hate hamlin...but he isnt wrong. Gotta have the tires fall off, he is a super good at tire management hence hisncomments on said tire...i say make the car less ridgid, add some more power and give em a softer tire...make the driver actually drive once again
    Lets go back to a 4 speed too and get rid of the shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    Lets go back to a 4 speed too and get rid of the shifting.
    They were shifting with the 4 speed transmissions. They've been shifting at Indianapolis, Pocono and New Hampshire for 15 years or more.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    They were shifting with the 4 speed transmissions. They've been shifting at Indianapolis, Pocono and New Hampshire for 15 years or more.
    But they weren’t shifting at short tracks. I really liked Nascar rules back in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by dlewis10 View Post

They even have to purchase most of the parts from the same supplier everything is the same cookie cutter cars and parts kept under NASCAR lock and key control. Bring back the cars with 5 lug nuts, rear ends vs what they run now, H pattern shifters, horse power and get rid of those crazy air diverts that bottom out when tires are flat. Make the cars with enough hp & less handling the tire issue will take care of itself.