Thread: Center console

Center console

Anyone use a CC aluminum?

Wondering how different it is to fish from one, does the CC impede or hinder casting ability?

Interested in the 1870 / 90 Hp size rigs.

2. Member
    I had a 17' Triumph (PVC), with a 90 Johnson. I didn't have any issues with placing six rods on either side of the console, but I'm ambidextrous. You could have issues with bait casting reels. It did have 24" sides, which kept the boat from leaning too far when going from console to front deck.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Anyone use a CC aluminum?

Wondering how different it is to fish from one, does the CC impede or hinder casting ability?

Interested in the 1870 / 90 Hp size rigs.
    as with ANY center console, rods left in the "Rod holders" around the center console can be snagged on the back cast. Most of my fishing buddies have Center Console boats in both Fiberglass and Aluminum and no "Casting" issues.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

4. Member
    If you can contact "Billius" Bill tried a CC glass boat for a couple of years before going back to a standard bass boat. Seems like at the time he felt like the higher sides were an issue getting blown around and it was tough to get around tight places. There are a few really nice tin CCs out there. I thought about trading for one when we were in Florida all the time. If you are going to garage it check that the top either folds (if it has one) or you can fit it under your garage door.

I went with the RT188 with their "Rawhide" interior (no carpet) after taking a RB home and it would not fit under my garage door at the time. Good luck on your decision!

5. Member
    I sent you an email

6. Member
    I have a longer center console aluminum, set up for tournament bass fishing. It is basically a long bass hull - low sides, and feels like a typical bass boat. I really like it. I like being able to see when I'm driving, and I prefer being on my feet in really bad water, as I can absorb the bumps with my legs rather than my back.

Mine is long enough to put the rods on deck behind my fishing area, so it gives me a lot more room to move around. Landing fish is much easier, since you can simply walk around the boat in any direction. Plus, it seats 5-6 for those days when i want to take the family striper fishing, or to catch some bluegill. I've given up nothing on my tournament fishing capability - i still routinely finish in the middle of the pack.

Screenshot_20240302_195628_Photos.jpg