Thread: Frustrated.

Frustrated.

I bought a lightly used 2023 boat and it came rigged with Lawrence. I did some upgrades to the electronics including replacing the AT1 with a new AT2.
    When I look at my screen I see lots of pulsating of flashing bits (clutter), sometimes a fish as it has been described to me. More often than not I can't get the Ghost pointed where I want which just adds to the frustration but when I do (10% of the time) I can see my bait.

What I think are fish has yet to materialize, I have played with all the settings to optimize the picture.
    Don't get me wrong my expectation is not here is a fish on the screen, cast to it and catch it, but rather "THESE ARE FISH" cast to them with enough option that maybe they will bite.

2. Member
    Puls on AT typically means you have another transducer running that you need to stop.
    I use my TM as a TM, so I have my transducers on a transducer-pole. :)

3. Member
    When I pull my rig up to Clear Lake I have difficulty since it is fairly shallow. I know most of the weeds have been removed unfortunately but when you get weeds mixed with shallow conditions it makes thing tougher. Make sure you adjust your bottom depth to 20, this helps.

I'm just assuming Clear Lake BTW.

4. Member
    Help us help you. We need to see what you are seeing.

Take a couple of moments and view this video about taking screenshots, and then post a screenshot of what you are seeing. Then we can help. Just realize it takes time on the water to learn how to interpret your image.

There are probably several things going on and minor adjustments probably are necessary on both your Ghost motor and your AT2 transducer.

Make sure your Ghost motor is plumb when sitting in the water (shaft perfectly perpendicular to the bottom as it turns 360 degrees).

Make sure your transducer is properly mounted.

Do you have Pro units or LIVES? If Pro, make sure the bow Pro yellow wire is connected to your blue AT2 wire, and that you enable Ping Synch in the menu of the Pro.

But take a screenshot following the steps in my video below (sorry for the video quality; it was an early video):

Last edited by Marc Marcantonio; 04-10-2024 at 10:47 PM.
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    BTW, since your boat had a prior AT1 you will need to "restore defaults" on the unit (PRO/LIVE/Carbon?) so that it reads the AT2.

Have you updated all the units (head unit and AT2)?

Certainly the pulsing flashes is crosstalk from a StructureScan and/or even 2D sonar. Put Stop Sonar on all units.
    ciao,
    Marc

6. Member
    Thanks everyone.
    I will continue to try and maximize my view and start by killing the other sonars that could be interfering with my view. I really appreciate the feedback from this forum!

7. Member
    All the units, trolling motor, and modules need to be using the newest updates.