Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A new 4 Runner released

2. Moderator
    I like it. Hope these new ones are as reliable as the 4 litre models of the past. I'm sure it will have growing pains like the new tundra has....

3. Member
    It dont look too bad. One of the images remind me of the old Isuzu rodeo. But keep in mind, there are pics. When they did the release on the Tacoma, it looked really good. Now they are hitting the lots and....they dont look so great. One thing is for sure, we wont see these on the lots for at least a year.

4. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    I like it. Hope these new ones are as reliable as the 4 litre models of the past. I'm sure it will have growing pains like the new tundra has....
    Agreed, I bought a new 2023 Limited while the getting was good. After owning the same model for 7 years in a 2010 I can hear, feel, and see many updates. The new models will get the same kind of refinements over the next few years. My wife is in an 8 year old GX 460 and while I can feel some wear when driving it the darn thing is just a tank that floats down the road.

It’ll be interesting to see how they price all these vehicles built on the same platform to attract buying groups.

6. Member
    Really has a 4th gen vibes. I love it.

Its going to be freaking expesnive as hell.

7. Member
    The new Tacoma has been a big disappointment to a bunch of people. I hope the 4Runner does better. Like was said above looks nice in pictures but how will it really look. I bought my 23 Tacoma just to make sure I was able to get the 6 cylinder motor. They should have stuck will the 6 cylinder and and added a single turbo instead of of a 4 cylinder turbo.
    John the Garage Doorman

8. Member
    Turbo 4 cylinder??? Hard pass.. My 2018 V6 was underpowered enough. These need a V8.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Agreed, I bought a new 2023 Limited while the getting was good. After owning the same model for 7 years in a 2010 I can hear, feel, and see many updates. The new models will get the same kind of refinements over the next few years. My wife is in an 8 year old GX 460 and while I can feel some wear when driving it the darn thing is just a tank that floats down the road.

It’ll be interesting to see how they price all these vehicles built on the same platform to attract buying groups.
    That GX 460 is a great ride. They are a sneaky off road vehicle too. Some will say they are better than 4 Runners....

Horrible looking color in that article. 1987 might be missing a color.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    No non turbo or not hybrid options available so I highly doubt they will be as reliable as the 4.0 V6.

Not a classic look at all - some will love it, some will hate it. I wouldn't buy one based on the exterior but perhaps it's extremely practical and has decent offroad chops. The Isuzu Rodeo vibe mentioned really hits home, maybe with a little Nissan Xterra thrown in. Refresh will hopefully get it back on track.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    That GX 460 is a great ride. They are a sneaky off road vehicle too. Some will say they are better than 4 Runners....
    The 550s are sharp too. But I hate the swing out tailgate, isn't that annoying?
    Last edited by paul40269; 04-10-2024 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    No non turbo or not hybrid options available so I highly doubt they will be as reliable as the 4.0 V6.
    That is going to be vehicles going forward from here on in any brand.
    2010 Ranger 188vx
    175 Mercury Optimax

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    My daughter has one with the 5.7 v8. But with 3 boys she’s looking for something bigger

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul40269 View Post
    The 550s are sharp too. But I hate the swing out tailgate, isn't that annoying?
    I thought the swing gate would be a pain as well as well. It's actually nice unless it's raining when the hatch can shield some of the rain.

We had a 2004 4.7L V8 FT 4WD 4 Runner and the GX460 with the newer 4.6L. Both are WAY smoother than the 4.0 V6's in our 2010 and the 2023. I honestly think the turbo 4 will perform better than the V6 albeit it'll sound like a 4 banger. It already gained 1,000 pounds in tow rating over the V6 and is just under the V8 at 6,000 pounds. Seems like the V8 Lexus is 6600 pounds? Of course the twin turbo V6 in all the rest of the platform gets an even higher tow rating. I ASSume Lexus pumps fake V8 sound into the GX550 LOL.

They both have big shoes to fill in reliability since the 4.0 V6 has been around for at least 20 years. I did not like the 3.5 that replaced it in the Taco.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    My daughter has one with the 5.7 v8. But with 3 boys she’s looking for something bigger
    If she has a 5.7 then she has the larger LX or Land Cruiser. The 5.7 was never offered in the GX. I can see where she would outgrow any of them with three youngun's. That is Suburban or a minivan sized gang by time you add a buddy, luggage or sports gear.

Congrats on all the Grands!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigheadworm View Post
    That is going to be vehicles going forward from here on in any brand.
    That’s not what customers want.

19. Member
    Nice ---BUT like all the rest of new vehicles WAY out of my budget
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

20. Member
    Another SUV ....that is a glorified grocery hauler.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast