Thread: **New Updates

Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

**New Updates

There are new updates posted to website this evening.....
    One update is using up to 1TB cards but who would fill that up....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    I do think the battery data will be useful.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Garmin Force
    8' Raptors

3. Member
    Installed this morning with no issues.

Strange I did this two days ago and AC said up to date but 27.10 on the ultra

So I downloaded it on an SD card today and popped it in and unit took 2 seconds to say update complete “restart”
    Now shows 28.00
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by WranglerSS View Post
    I do think the battery data will be useful.
    Where did you find the battery data? I couldn't find it.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

6. Member
    The GPSMAP update offers a lot more flexibility in setting up combo screens. Here are a couple of examples on a 1643xsv.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    It appears as though a NMEA 2000 capable smart shunt or similar device is necessary to provide battery monitoring information after reading the April 2024 software update publication from Garmin here: https://www8.garmin.com/marine/PDF/M.../April2024.pdf

Is this correct? What device/s are available to do this? A google search for "NMEA 2000 smart shunt" resulted in a vast array of options.

Still not available via AC.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Still not available via AC.
    Updated my units yesterday (10 April) using AC. Everything went fine.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    The GPSMAP update offers a lot more flexibility in setting up combo screens. Here are a couple of examples on a 1643xsv.
    That’s cool

And a lot of 2d. Curious why, thanks?

11. Member
    For the six---Just to show it's possible. Before this update only two traditional sonars could be displayed and the process was cumbersome and restrictive. To show two, you had to put Traditional in one panel, then choose split frequency. After you split frequency then you could use different sources but only built-in sources from the same unit...if it had dual channel sonar. The process is simplified and the sonar can be from anywhere on the network.

For the SideVu it doubles the horizontal screen coverage. A normal SideVu panel would show left and right, with each taking half the horizontal wideth. Placed like the screenshot each of the left and right get the full horizotal width of the screen. For years now the advice has been to get the biggest screen you can afford. This doubles that left/right horizontal screen space on the same unit.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

For the SideVu it doubles the horizontal screen coverage. A normal SideVu panel would show left and right, with each taking half the horizontal wideth. Placed like the screenshot each of the left and right get the full horizotal width of the screen. For years now the advice has been to get the biggest screen you can afford. This doubles that left/right horizontal screen space on the same unit.
    That's pretty nice!

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

13. Member
    I put my first Garmin ever on the bow after Christmas. A 1242 for Livescope. I'm still kinda lost with all the screens and settings. It's a bit over whelming.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

14. Member
    i like that side vu option.

is that just for the 16" models or is it also available for 12" models?

15. Member
    You can see the units on the dowload page. It's v35.10. Some of the older units can't use it. Also the later echomaps have it in their update.

16. Member
    For the six---Just to show it's possible. Before this update only two traditional sonars could be displayed and the process was cumbersome and restrictive. To show two, you had to put Traditional in one panel, then choose split frequency. After you split frequency then you could use different sources but only built-in sources from the same unit...if it had dual channel sonar. The process is simplified and the sonar can be from anywhere on the network.

That's a fantastic way to utilize screen space. It would require some time getting used to reading it that way, but after you are used to it it could be amazing. I might have to add a screen with that setup to screw around with.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package