Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

John Crews and FFS

John Cruise way of fixing the FFs issue

2. Member
    Quite honestly, this crap is beyond getting old.

If anyone has been following the BASS website, they’ve periodically been posting gripes from pros about FFS. Buddy Gross is the latest, trying not to slam FFS too much, but the complaint is there.

And interestingly, the guys in the Classic seemed to suddenly avoid using jig head minnows, strangely all using essentially very similar lures. Almost as if they were given an edict from BASS.

But maybe it was just a giant coincidence.

Livesay, Hack, Lowen, GMan, and more, they’ve all had their complaints logged against FFS on the BASS site. That’s not counting the ones whining on social media. All upset because they’re losing to 19 year olds who spent the offseason working with FFS instead of sitting in a deer stand.

How about this, John? Instead of limiting time for FFS through software updates, how about just shut up and fish? However you have to figure it out, just shut up.

And fish.

3. Member
    Ya, his proposal would be an absolute mess to enact and enforce. I think some equipment restrictions, like 1 ffs transducer and a screen limit would be fine. But I think changing rules to benefit guys who are in the tail end of their fishing careers would be a mistake. Look at any major regional tournament in your area, 80%+ of guys have a FFS unit. If local / regional anglers can adapt to using it why can't veterans in the elites?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    Screw that… like it, use it. Don’t like it, don’t use it. Otherwise, pull all sonar and make them stick with mapping and flashers.

5. Member
    Why do people care? I cannot understand why people care about this so much.

6. Member
    How about having the organizations have a hot button on all units in the competitors boats and have the ability to shut them off at a time they decide each day.
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

7. Member
    More click bait. Yaaawwwnn…
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

I don't care, tired of all the whiners. My gosh with all the drama with the pros they are going to start losing fans. Really act like men and not a bunch of playground school girls.

9. Member
    Rambling on ya da ya da say what ya going say and hang up. FFS lives matter.

10. Member
    What's crazy to me is anyone with a differing view is a "whiner" or "washed up" fisherman...lol. what happen to being allowed to have an opinion without being hated? The ffs deal goes alot deeper than most can understand. Looks like more pros are somewhat against it than for it. That speaks volumes to me no matter my opinion. Their the pros not me. They must be on to something

11. Member
    *Crews, someone had to do it.

The olds can retire from fishing, nobody tunes in to see them. The BPT was proof of that, bye bye complainers.

They need to get rid of all their technology if they want any one thing regulated. No SI/DI, no graphs with map cards, no spot locking trolling motors, no power poles.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncshooter View Post
    What's crazy to me is anyone with a differing view is a "whiner" or "washed up" fisherman...lol. what happen to being allowed to have an opinion without being hated? The ffs deal goes alot deeper than most can understand. Looks like more pros are somewhat against it than for it. That speaks volumes to me no matter my opinion. Their the pros not me. They must be on to something
    People like you and your common sense do not belong here on BBC.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Ya, his proposal would be an absolute mess to enact and enforce. I think some equipment restrictions, like 1 ffs transducer and a screen limit would be fine. But I think changing rules to benefit guys who are in the tail end of their fishing careers would be a mistake. Look at any major regional tournament in your area, 80%+ of guys have a FFS unit. If local / regional anglers can adapt to using it why can't veterans in the elites?
    I agree....limit one ffs ducer and let em go
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

14. Member
    Sounds like a reasonable possible solution on the upper echelon tourneys but not for the lower tiered stuff due to difficulty in policing/ enforcing. No banning but limiting use so anglers are not so one dimensional going forward. I think this could allow the tech and the sport to move forward.

15. Member
    Boy!
    He (Cruise) lol, sure changed his view on FFS from his last video last year.
    I guess if you're not good with it we should ban it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    There may be a lot of regional guys who have it now, but if you talk to many of them they have had limited success using it and question why they spent the money.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    Boy!

I was thinking that too, I thought he was a fan of it. Maybe BASS is pushing these guys to complain about FFS, give them an excuse to limit its use.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    Boy!
    Like this?

https://youtube.com/shorts/njDWB18m_...ZPALJ1N6VDAkh4
    Last edited by Dixie-Raven; 04-09-2024 at 07:39 PM.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post

no workie workie

20. Member
    What's next a ffs with a stun gun ? Stun the bass he floats to the surface wakes up in the livewell bassfishing was fine before all the electronics came out I don't see the need ,
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast