Motion activated floodlights for house

My house came with a few of the Good Earth brand. They are probably 7-8 years old now and two have went kaput. They have horrible reviews on them. Thinking if grabbing a few of the $49.99 Defiant brand at HD. One needs to be capable of 240* range and others can be 180*. I prefer LED with at least 1000 lumen. I'm not trying to make it daylight....

What brands are others having good luck with?

2. Member
    Check your local electrical supply shop. Usually better quality stuff. RAB is the brand of choice lately around here.

3. Member
    I have a Ring floodlight cam and I have been pleased with it. I know you're not looking for a camera necessarily but I've been using mine for about 6 years (uninstalled it from my old house and took it with me and mounted in front of my garage). They are like $250 or $280 and mine was actually gifted to me.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

if I actually talked to my neighbor, I would ask him what to get, he has 6 cameras and enough light to make it daylight out at 3 am I do know its motion activated, so all the critters and cats they have set them off every little while and also all the cars driving by make they lite up.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrysRanger374V View Post
    if I actually talked to my neighbor, I would ask him what to get, he has 6 cameras and enough light to make it daylight out at 3 am I do know its motion activated, so all the critters and cats they have set them off every little while and also all the cars driving by make they lite up.

1000 lumen is more than enough. My biggest concern is I like the driveway and entrance into garage to light up for my wife and daughter at night when they pull up. Not too worried about security aspect of it.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 04-09-2024 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    1000 lumen is more than enough. My biggest concern is I like the driveway and entrance into garage to light up for my wife and daughter at nightwear they pull up. Not too worried about security aspect of it.
    Ummmm, Mark why do you want to light up your wife and daughter in their nightwear? lol, sorry but I had to.

7. Member
    I use a ring with motion lights and camera to guard the garage with boat. Also ring doorbell at the house.
    No complaints

8. Member
    I installed two Defiant three-head lights on the side of my house and love them. They are extremely bright, and I am able to direct the heads to get a nice even coverage.

The motion sensors are extremely sensitive, and I had to turn them down all the way and still trigger one from about 40’.

Since they’re LED, they should last a very long time.

9. Member
    I have 4 ring floodlight cameras around my house. Then i have the ring doorbell cam. Plus i have a ring spotlight cam in the garage plus another on the back porch. We live on a golf course so constantly people coming in my yard. I dont care if they grab their ball or even hit my house with a ball. I just dont want them hurting themselves on my property and trying to pursue me or my insurance for liability. So, I have cameras around my house. The Floodlight cams and all of the others in the front and garage are perfect for what i use them to light up my driveway when my boat is sitting out. I keep my boat in the garage but i let it sit an entire day after use so i dont store it wet. Just an extra level of protection. You have a 2 for 1 in my opinion with flood light camera.

10. Member
    I have these and love them. Bright, east install, wide coverage, and app from phone to set everything up. https://enbrightenme.com/enbrighten-...y-light-bronze

11. Member
    Mark,
    Where are your current motion fixtures mounted? Under the corners or on the wall surface?

Quote Originally Posted by USS COMANCHE View Post
    Mark,
    Where are your current motion fixtures mounted? Under the corners or on the wall surface?
    Two are on corners, two along walls, abd 1 on the wall.of mower shed

13. Member
    Nobody wants theirs or their neighbors patch to look like a airport landing strip.
    Even if you're 1500 feet away

14. Member
    I have 3 Ring cameras with motion sensors on the house and a Ring flood light motion sensor on the outdoor kitchen. All work great so far.

15. Member
    May look into the ring light for outdoors as one on the corner of the garage went belly up.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Two are on corners, two along walls, abd 1 on the wall.of mower shed
    I've had these for 3 years and have been flawless. The reason I ask about wall or eave mount is because the "swivel" ability of the large light is limited a little outward when mounting under the soffit. It's still gives plenty of light though. If you wall mount them, it's not an issue.
    I would buy them again.
    https://www.amazon.com/LEPOWER-Secur...s%2C121&sr=8-9
    Last edited by USS COMANCHE; 04-10-2024 at 07:38 PM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Nobody wants theirs or their neighbors patch to look like a airport landing strip.
    Even if you're 1500 feet away
    If someone is there that shouldn’t be, I absolutely do.