Pretty Impressed with Vortex Customer Service.

Will have to say I am pretty impressed with Vortex customer service and repair policy.
    This past weekend my wife wanted to go yard saleing around town. Normally not something we do, but we went anyway.
    Got a few decent deals on just some small odds and ends and stuff for the camper.
    Stumbled into one and a guy had a Vortex Viper PST in 6x24-50, Guy wanted $200 for it. Knowing it was a good deal i went ahead and bought it.
    Plan to put it on my Savage Axis 6.5 Creedmoor.
    Got it home and replaced the battery for the illuminated retical and it didnt work.
    So contacted Vortex this morning and asked them if it could be repaied.
    They told me that it would be fully covered under their VIP warranty and within 10 minutes I have a Pre Paid shipping label to send it back in for a full checkup and get the illumination fixed.
    Will have to say I have never had to send a scope in for repair but untill the last few years never really had any worth sending in.
    I was pretty impressed with them.

2. Member
    Always like to hear good customer service stories.

3. Member
    Cheers to those boys in Wisconsin. Go Vortex.

4. Member
    Vortex is probably the same ole Chinese stuff a few others put their name on. They however seem to have great customer service.

I have a Strike Eagle and really like it. I hope to soon have it side by side with my trijicon to see what if any difference I can tell.

5. Member
    My grandson left his on the top of his car and they hit the highway. He found a piece of them, sent to Vortex and got a brand new pair.

Their customer service is top notch. Bad thing is, I had to use it 3 times on their scopes (HST, HST, PST). One failure was during a hunt and cost us the use of that gun while mule deer hunting. Ended up selling all my vortex scopes because I lost all confidence in them and didn’t want it costing me down the road on another hunt. The one scope of theirs I do like, is the Japan made Razor. It gets used a lot in PRS.

Bit of an update on this.
    Got the scope back in today. Pretty good turnaround at right at a weeks time.

The scope I sent in was a Gen 1 PST and the erector had failed and was not repairable.
    So Vortex sent me the current model which is a 5-25/50 PST Gen 2.