Skeeter ACC Switch Question

I want to tie into the ACC switch on my FXR21 Panel. I've located an Orange & Black pair of wires under the console that has a label saying Switch ACC. It is DEAD no matter if the ACC button is pressed or not. No Power.
    Does anyone have a clue how I can tie into the ACC button on the panel to run some LED lights around the boat?
    Thanks!

385874781_10224282440264488_7721318068137388608_n.jpg

2. Member
    I thought the orange wires were the dedicated wires for the graphs. They should be hooked directly to the battery, so not sure why there are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    I thought the orange wires were the dedicated wires for the graphs. They should be hooked directly to the battery, so not sure why there are dead.
    There are several pairs of wire under there that are "always hot", however, the orange one is dead that says Switch ACC.

4. Member
    Did you consider connecting to the existing courtesy lights? Courtesy lights are only on when dark which is when I would think you want additional lighting on.? My 2022 FXR has a lit "Skeeter" emblem near rod tie down straps on each side of front deck. The emblems light up when courtesy lights are turned on. Tie into those or any other courtesy lights..

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by weiglein4 View Post
    Did you consider connecting to the existing courtesy lights? Courtesy lights are only on when dark which is when I would think you want additional lighting on.? My 2022 FXR has a lit "Skeeter" emblem near rod tie down straps on each side of front deck. The emblems light up when courtesy lights are turned on. Tie into those or any other courtesy lights..

Just a thought
    Yeah, not a bad idea. I'll have to go that route unless I can figure a way to tap into the ACC button. I mean, it's there. Why don't they want me to use it? :)

Did you check the corresponding fuse? It might not have a fuse since it's not being used. Check your fuse box. You might have to add one.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Did you check the corresponding fuse? It might not have a fuse since it's not being used. Check your fuse box. You might have to add one.
    This is likely the issue.

My FXR only has a breaker panel. Am I missing something?

9. Member
    There should be a fuse panel in the starboard rear corner of the bilge. It's tucked behind the Raptor pumps.

I have a small fuse box next to the power poles that has fuses for a depth finer, Power Poles, & Hydraulic Jackplate. I don't think that's any way tied into the ACC on the Control Panel.
    IMG_5122.jpg

11. Member
    There are 3 sets of ACC wires in both the bow and the console. These are red and black and are 14ga. The ones in the bow are usually tucked up under the starboard side of the bow and zipped into a cluster with a bunch of other wires.

Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    There are 3 sets of ACC wires in both the bow and the console. These are red and black and are 14ga. The ones in the bow are usually tucked up under the starboard side of the bow and zipped into a cluster with a bunch of other wires.
    I found all the clusters of wires. They are always Hot. There is an Orange and Black wire down there that is Dead, no matter if the button is pressed or not. I'm trying to find out if Anything is attached to the ACC button so I can use it to turn Accessories On & Off. No luck!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adriandavidpayne View Post
    I found all the clusters of wires. They are always Hot. There is an Orange and Black wire down there that is Dead, no matter if the button is pressed or not. I'm trying to find out if Anything is attached to the ACC button so I can use it to turn Accessories On & Off. No luck!
    Then something got hooked up wrong. The acc wires that are 14 ga are usually hooked to that switch. The orange wire which should be either 8 (23,24) or 10 (20-22) gauge depending on year of boat is for electronics and should be constant power. You will have to pull panels at this point and do some looking.

Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    Then something got hooked up wrong. The acc wires that are 14 ga are usually hooked to that switch. The orange wire which should be either 8 (23,24) or 10 (20-22) gauge depending on year of boat is for electronics and should be constant power. You will have to pull panels at this point and do some looking.
    It looks that way. I might call Skeeter and listen to their run around. :) Thanks!

15. Member
    I'll check my fxr tomorrow and see if I can give you some help...

Just curios... does the switch light up when you turn it on and off?
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    I'll check my fxr tomorrow and see if I can give you some help...

Just curios... does the switch light up when you turn it on and off?
    . Sorry didn't see this post. Yes, the switch lights up.