Thumping noise from Mega 360

Fishing yesterday, 360 working fine, then I began to notice a rhythmic thumping noise. At first I thought it was like a base stereo thumping, a d I could actually feel it under my feet, then I realized it was coming from the 360. This was associated with loss of rhe 360 image. Any ideas? This is a new 360, and my second one, as the first had a warranty issue straight out of the box.

Prior to this, I was getting great images, so I feel like it was set up well. Thanks for any help.

Check if the pod is solidly attached to the pole. Some have gotten ones that did not get a thread locker used and they came unscrewed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Check if the pod is solidly attached to the pole. Some have gotten ones that did not get a thread locker used and they came unscrewed.
    Will check that when I get home. I've noticed it jiggles a lot just going down the highway. Definitely something that could have happened.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Will check that when I get home. I've noticed it jiggles a lot just going down the highway. Definitely something that could have happened.
    I'd reccomend taking it off the tm when trailering and even in rough water to prevent unnecessary vibration. You can get some bolts with knobs on them from the hardware store for quick on and off.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I'd reccomend taking it off the tm when trailering and even in rough water to prevent unnecessary vibration. You can get some bolts with knobs on them from the hardware store for quick on and off.
    I guess if I have to do that to use it, then I'll probably not have it on there. Disconnecting it, and storing it safely, would be a bo go for me on every change of location. It needs a better design if that's the case.

6. Member
    I think I found my issue - there was a sliver of wood wedged between the rotating head, and the metal housing. I was able to extract it, then run the unit without it making the noise. Hope that fixes it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    I guess if I have to do that to use it, then I'll probably not have it on there. Disconnecting it, and storing it safely, would be a bo go for me on every change of location. It needs a better design if that's the case.
    I don't mean unhooking wiring. Just pop it off the mount and lay it on the front deck to strap down with the rod strap.