AT2 transducer angle for Forward-is there one “correct” angle?

I have a fish obsessed mount for my AT2 transducer. It has quite a bit of adjustability, meaning I can change the angle of the arm and the angle of the transducer itself. Is the transducer angle supposed to be a certain angle?

I used my FFS for the first time today and feel like my transducer angle may have been too high (perpendicular to the bottom of the lake if that makes sense.). Seemed to be working, but the returns were not great after about 30-40 feet.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

2. Member
    Yes it works best on the marked lines on the transducer the 2nd one on the transducer is for forward. Its all geometry at that point if you are only getting 30 to 40 feet on the bottom then you have an issue. Most users that have your issue its usually related to an angle on the TM mounts as many boats have hook noses down which pushes the tM shaft back towards the transom but 8 degs so it mostly shooting down in stead of forward . A simple test for you to do While on the water start in forward view and then move the view from forward to AUTO your image will either get worse of better or even switch the screen view to down. Then you really know your TM has a bad angle. The other way to test is if you have a point 1 hit the water go to point 1 data read the Altitude Pitch angle standing at the bow. Put is on the trailer jack up the boat to that exact angle. Now deploy the tm and measure the angle of the TM shaft and it show be 90 deg and if its off it will be 90 deg minus 6 to 8 deg. . That will be your issue all it takes to fix is get so hard 1/4 to 5/16 thick rubber gasket material and put under the forward bolts which rises it up to level also do the center bolts if needed the back bolts usually does not need any changes. Good luck

3. Member
    I figured out what I did wrong. I did not realize there are three transducer beams in the unit and they are each at different angles. I had the transducer rotated past the next dentant - so far that the top transducer was angled up at a 60 degree angle towards the sky. And when you do that, the middle transducer was pointing almost dead forward and the third inner transducer was down. No wonder my image was funky! I could see my lure and some fish that chased it today, but the window that captured the lure seemed ridiculously small-like a tiny bit off and I’d lose it. Also explains why I wasn’t getting a great return/image from further than 40 feet as the transducer beam that’s supposed to capture that was angle up to the sky lol! And finally, the beam tracker was completely off and I’m guessing that’s because of the mis-angled AT2 transducer.

Very anxious to try the unit out again later this week. Can’t imagine I won’t see an improvement!
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559