Lowrance repairs

Do they repair units? I know that years ago they didn't, and that was the main reason I switched brands, but I still have one that has a broken NMEA pin and I would hate to toss it for that reason.
    Last edited by Tone357; 04-07-2024 at 06:29 PM.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    If "they" are Lowrance, yes they repair units within warranty.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    If "they" are Lowrance, yes they repair units within warranty.
    So, if it's out of warranty you're out of luck? If that's the case, a 2 or 3 thousand dollar purchase is a THROW AWAY ITEM?
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    So, if it's out of warranty you're out of luck? If that's the case, a 2 or 3 thousand dollar purchase is a THROW AWAY ITEM?
    No they offer a reduced rate on upgrading units as well. Call Lowrance!

5. Member

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Thanks!
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Does the unit still operate?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawghunter.419 View Post
    Does the unit still operate?
    Yes. Everything works except anything connected to the NMEA backbone.
    Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    This is basically the same with any electronic product you buy. They can be repaired, as long as there are parts available and you are willing to pay the cost. Several options out there that repair units, but be prepared for a wait and possibly a repair-cost higher than the value of the unit.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    This is basically the same with any electronic product you buy. They can be repaired, as long as there are parts available and you are willing to pay the cost. Several options out there that repair units, but be prepared for a wait and possibly a repair-cost higher than the value of the unit.
    True on both fronts. And while the repair cost may be "higher than the value of the unit" it still may be way less than the ridiculously over-priced units themselves.

@Tone357 - I feel your pain. I've had two HDS units have screen failures in the past 2 years. It grinds my gears...but what can I do? My choices are limited. Normally I'd be vehemently opposed to the Chinese ripping off a US company and making a much cheaper and likely less reliable tech than a US company, but these units are over the top expensive. I know it is a "luxury" that I don't have to have, but man, some real competition would be nice. These units likely cost less than $100 to mass produce and yet we have to pay 25x or more to get one. It stinks.

You may also want to reach out to Alex at northridgefix.com. I haven't seen him repair a sonar unit so far, but he is a wizard, and may be interested in expanding his repertoire.
    Last edited by Whistler; 04-09-2024 at 03:59 PM.

11. Member