Thank you Caitlin Clark. Now back to reality I'm afraid.

Prior to Caitlin Clark I had never watched a womans College basketball game and in the past two years I bet I have watched about a dozen of Iowa's games. To be fair I also stopped watching Mens basketball both college and pro other than maybe the finals in both leagues.

Now that Caitlin is moving on I fear womans college basketball might get a blip next year but will soon go back to the regular pre Caitlin numbers. I also don't think that Caitlin will make people watch her games in the WMBA like they did College.

I hope that I'm wrong.

2. Member
    I agree about the WNBA. I don’t care much for any NBA basketball but I like college basketball. Not a lot of defense played in the NBA. That’s why you see 120 point games.

You ain’t wrong.

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    It’s baseball season
    Who controls John Gill?

5. Member
    Crankin, I'll just say this. Caitlin is a phenom without a doubt that doesn't come along often enough. But just based on casual observation and what I'm seeing across various womens' college sports,
    The NCAA is doing everything imaginable to make womens' sports watchable.
    I'll just leave it at that.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

6. Member
    I think you are absolutely spot on.

7. Member
    I agree as well

8. Member
    Everything
    Red Sox in 6!

9. Member
    Agree also.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post
    Crankin, I'll just say this. Caitlin is a phenom without a doubt that doesn't come along often enough. But just based on casual observation and what I'm seeing across various womens' college sports,
    The NCAA is doing everything imaginable to make womens' sports watchable.
    I'll just leave it at that.
    I see the same things I believe you’re alluding to and it has the opposite effect on me.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    My 3 girls played basketball from elementary thru high school so we have watched
    a lot of college women’s basketball in the last 20+ years. There has definitely been
    a improvement in the women’s game big time. One big problem that I have seen
    and continue to see is that the Officiating has not kept up with the game. It’s
    Horrible and continues to be that way and shows it’s self during the tournament.
    There needs to be better training and accountability on the Officials part.

12. Member
    Caitlin Clark's final 3-word farewell to Iowa as collegiate career comes to end

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/caitl...reer-comes-end

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

13. Member
    South Carolina's Dawn Staley praises Caitlin Clark for ‘lifting up our sport,’ calls her ‘one of the GOATs’

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/south...e-of-the-goats

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

14. Member
    Back to yawn!!! I picked the wrong game to be my first to watch her. I assume not her best but do know her accomplishments. I did start kind of watching just before half and never seen her hit even 1 - 3.

I really think an undefeated season is WAY more impressive. It's a team sport correct?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Prior to Caitlin Clark I had never watched a womans College basketball game and in the past two years I bet I have watched about a dozen of Iowa's games. To be fair I also stopped watching Mens basketball both college and pro other than maybe the finals in both leagues.

Now that Caitlin is moving on I fear womans college basketball might get a blip next year but will soon go back to the regular pre Caitlin numbers. I also don't think that Caitlin will make people watch her games in the WMBA like they did College.

I hope that I'm wrong.
    I kind of agree with everything you said, and also hope you are wrong.

I have also watched more women's basketball in the last two years that all my previous years. Caitlyn is a phenomenal basketball player. I do think the WNBA will some an increase in viewership next year but it won't be anywhere near what the NCAA has seen these last two years. I did hear a report that the Indiana Fever WNBA team has already sold out all of their season tickets for home games for next year. The Indiana Fever have the #1 pick in the WNBA next year, and that is where Caitlyn Clark is projected to go in the upcoming draft.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS