Ultrex Not Responding

A buddy just called and said his Ultrex prop won't engage and spin for him. His remote says it's engaged and set to 4.5 power, but doesn't respond to any input he gives it. The head will still spin freely using the remote or the foot pedal. He killed power to the trolling motor using the master on/off switch for a bit, turned it back on, and it's still saying that it's engaged and stuck at 4.5 power. I would have thought killing power to the trolling motor would have reset everything back to default. It sounds like something is screwed up in the control head of the motor, but I'm just guessing as I've not really been able to find much about similar issues online in my little bit of searching. He did say that it has a fairly new armature so I'm wondering if it's not possibly water logged. Even if that were the case, I would have thought the remote would still respond to input and not be stuck on and at 4.5 power. Anybody have any ideas?
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

2. Member
    As you stated I would look for water in the motor assembly. Was this a DIY or a shop did it?