Gen1 black cumara replacement

Looking for something to replace my 68MF cumara and 72mhxf both casting. These were by far my favorite rods but unfortunately in 14ish years they need replacing.. The 68 broke a couple inches off tip and the 72 grew legs.

What can any recommend that fished those two rods I mentioned as a replacement, i dont have a true brand preference.

The 72mhxf was a hell of a texas rig and jig rod...I had the cumara as well as the curado version when they switched blanks to that line up. The only similar rod that I have had since was a Kistler Mag 2 7'3" MH XF, but they don't make that anymore either.

In the interim right now I have a 7' 0" Heavy Fast Dobyns Champion Extreme (704c). It does the job but its not exactly the same.

Still on the looking for that special 7' 2" - 7' 3" X-Fast 3/8-1 oz rated rod

Well, I was involved to a degree in the development and testing of those rods and when mine began to give up the ghost the only thing “for me” that produced the same sensitivity, detection, and hook setting power was the GLX 853 JWR and there’s no accident why if you can read between the lines….Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    Well, I was involved to a degree in the development and testing of those rods and when mine began to give up the ghost the only thing “for me” that produced the same sensitivity, detection, and hook setting power was the GLX 853 JWR and there’s no accident why if you can read between the lines….Dan
    The 853 is very sensitive...just wish it did have the same power as the 7' 2" cumara otherwise I'd have two of them now. The 853 I think is only rated up to 3/4 ounce.

5. Member
    If someone figures out a replacement or one very close to it, please let me know ASAP!

I never had the cumaras to compare but you can get Exprides in both of those lengths and actions.