Voltage on ACC leads

2005 Z21. Found the ACC2 and ACC3 leads that I plan to use for my new Garmin 106SV.

I was reading a little over 12V when the buttons were pushed but I was reading 11V when switched off. I would have thought they would be close to 0V.

Anything to be concerned about?

Thanks

2. Member
    Yes. like you are thinking it should be close to 0 volts. What are you using for the ground of your meter?

3. Member
    Thanks. I grabbed on of the loose black wires from with the blue connectors from the harness. I think that I will keep looking for a better ground.

4. Member
    Even measured to the ground lug on the brain box. Still measured 11V to ground when the ACC was switched off. I'm guessing there's a crossed wire somewhere. I'm going to run a hot and ground direct to the battery.

5. Member
    Do you have a 12VDC light, or some sort of 12V load?
    Could be switching with solid state and if using a digital VOM will show voltage as still present but not enough current to drive anything.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

6. Member
    A test light? Yes, I do.

The graph works fine when connected but the concern for me is that when I turned it on, the NAV/ANCHOR light starts flashing. Turn the graph off, it quits flashing. That's a big harness to troubleshoot.