2001 Johnson 90hp (j90plsid) carb and intake seals

Hi everyone I’m new here figured I would I ask some more knowledgeable people before performing these tasks. I have a 2001 90hp Johnson v4 60° j90plid I am rebuilding all the carbs and replacing the oring seal where the throttle body meets the intake manifold is there a special way to keep these spaghetti seals in place or sealant needed? I know there’s not a lot of seal to really grab to I just want everything to go back right and not have to unbolt it all off

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If you replace the carb bowls make sure you remove the high speed orifices behind the carb bowl drain screws, for the spaghetti O rings use a little dab of BRP triple guard grease to keep them in place the triple guard is a good thing to keep in the tool box. If you can't get it a swipe of vasoline will also keep them in place, remember they are two different part numbers for port and starboard. Welcome to BBC.

3. Member
    Thank you for your response, I have replaced the bowls and did bring over the jets from the old bowls I rebuilt all 4 carbs with oem kits over the weekend and got them bolted back on the throttle body when I get back over to the boat that’s when I’ll change port and starboard intake spaghetti seals and bolt the throttle body on it’s been pouring down rain here so I have the body covered when we finally get a dry day I’ll get it there and hope for the best no air leaks!

4. Member
    I got everything bolted on and took it out and started up super easy and idled great no sneezes as I was leaving the no wake zone I Throttled down and it sounded like it was cutting in and out I ran it wot for about five minutes it definitely did not run good I held in the choke for a couple seconds and it did not die out every so many seconds it felt like it would pick up then it would fall back down a little. I stopped and dropped the anchor and pulled all four spark plugs (which are also new champions ql78yc gapped at .030 I put those new plugs in at the same time of the carb rebuild and intake seals) all four looked identical they were not wet but white chalky looking on all four tips. Any suggestions what’s going on here before the rebuild and the spaghetti seals and new spark plugs it was leaking gas out of the carb bowls but still ran like a scolded Dog

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Set the float drops correctly?

6. Member
    I thought I did I’m measuring 1 1/8 from the top of the carb to the bottom of the the groove in the middle of the float but I will put the old floats back in all of them and put the bowls on and give that a try to confirm if that was it.

7. Member