Thread: Trim tab

Trim tab

2024 Pro XS CT came without trim tab. Have been told you cannot put one on. Is this true?

2. Member
    All I can tell you is " my 150 came without one and there is not a place on my engine to install one".

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
    2024 Pro XS CT came without trim tab. Have been told you cannot put one on. Is this true?
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

That will help us to know "which" ProXS-CT you have, combining that with the type of boat and steering will finish the information required to accurately assist.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Sorry, 3B497857 on a 2000 17 foot Dynatrac with the original steering. Boats want to pull right just a little.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Most of these are rigged with Hydraulic steering, which doesn't use a trim-tab. I'm going to assume that you have cable steering- likely not a NFB system, either?

Note: There is an Active Service Bulletin Campaign on your engine, Serial# 3B497857 that needs to be completed. Technically should have been done during the PDI/Rigging of the engine, but any Mercury Dealer can perform the inspection (and replacement if required) of the Fuel System Module.

I'd recommend getting this done sooner, rather than later.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thank you very much,