Puma STS tackle storage

I’m really struggling with a decent way to keep my tackle in this boat. I want to use the large main compartment and the one behind the driver seat for most of my tackle. Every way I pack it, the main compartment is unmanageable. Looking for suggestions on how to keep that big box organized.

thanks
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

2. Member
    +1

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I use Lakewood mesh bags for my 3700's in the bigger center box. And then I put 3600 boxes and spinnerbait boxes above the the opposite direction in the bigger compartment. Or plastics, whatever you want. Then I try to put lighter 3700 boxes in the two smaller compartments above that.

https://lakewoodproducts.com/collect...ducts/mesh-bag

I would take a picture, but I don't have any of my stuff in the boat currently.

4. Member
    thanks Joe You sure have a great looking Puma sts for sale

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by armond View Post
    thanks Joe You sure have a great looking Puma sts for sale
    Thank you! I know the storage is a little different with the net holder in the middle, but those bags have helped me, and once I've gotten used to it I like it. I don't ever feel like I don't have enough storage space.

6. Member
    I like having the net storage, but hate losing room in the main box. It's the thing I like least about my boat.

I just shove boxes in there any which way I can get them and try to keep the ones I'm using most during the day near the top.

I probably carry too much tackle. The main box is full. The two front port box has 4 3700's in the trays). I removed the trays from the front starboard box and keep 4 3700 Deep boxes in there. The rear boxes get used for plastics.
    2023 Puma STS

Don’t have an STS, but had a Puma FTD which has the same layout.

I kept all my tackle in the main big compartment.

On the right side of the net holder which access divider, I had a bunch of Plano 3700 slim boxes with crank baits.
    On the left side I had most of my soft plastics in either bags or 37 and 3600 boxes

Kept spinner baits in a small square Plano box.

I could fit everything in the compartment but to make it easier I cup hooks weights and extra soft plastics in one of the rear compartment behind the seats.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

8. Member
    I don't have a sts yet, but I do have a 2010 Puma with a similar layout.

The starboard compartment beside the net storage has the plastic molded trey installed that holds hard plastic crankbaits, rattle traps, frogs, and buzzbaits in storage boxes. I store extra baits in plastic bags in front of those boxes (extra frogs & buzzbaits). I removed the molded trey from the port one. I keep 3 spinnerbait boxes (the small square ones - a tandem box, double colorado box, and heavy/single blade box), and several smaller storage boxes stacked on edge (small top waters, square bills, bandits, whopper ploppers, ect.) in the port storage next to the net storage. In front of them I have extra swim jigs, spinnerbaits, square-bills, small top waters in zip lock bags.

In the main compartment I have large plano boxes on the left filled w/ plastics. On the right I have smaller boxes filled with plastic trailers and sinkos, plus a swim jig box, chatterbait box, and flipping jig box. I have a small plastic tub that sit on top of the boxes on each side I use as day box - sinkos and worms in the left one and trailers in the right one. I also have a bag for trailer hooks and extra line on the left side of the large storage. On the right I have a box for weights, scent, markers, and glue.

I don't have under-seat storage. If I did I would keep my fire extinguisher, boat paperwork, tool kit, extra TM prop, first aid kit and sunglasses in there like I did in my old jag.

In the rear starboard box I keep a tool kit, first aid kit, extra pump cartridges, TM prop, front nav light, and zip lock bags filled with my favorite plastics that I think I may need if I run out from the boxes in the main compartment (I carry to much, I know). The port one is open for the co-angler and only has rope and fire extinguisher. I also store my throw cushion and PFD in it when trailering.

For rods I have rod tubes in both lockers and even added a stretch cord in the starboard box to allow me to carry additional rods on top of the shelf.

I really like the layout and look forward to when I have an STS.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

9. Member
    Osage Joe the lake wood short side bags are great thanks for the heads up

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by armond View Post
    Osage Joe the lake wood short side bags are great thanks for the heads up

11. Member
    I wish they would offer an STS model or a version of it without the net storage on the front deck. It just seems to really be in the way and limits storage issues. Put the net behind the seats.

12. Member
    I keep 8 3700 boxes up front with lighter CB's. In the center compartment on the left hand side I keep another 6-10 3700 boxes on end. On the right hand side I keep my soft plastics in bags that I think I'll need that day. I have finally found a plastic tray that kind of functions as a day box that sits on top of the plastics on the right side (if it had a lip that would hang from the opening it would be perfect). I use this day box to hold my individual plastics bags I'll use most that day and throw any SB's or CB's I change out in until that evening when I put them back in the appropriate 3700. I use the compartment behind my seat for backup 3700's, face mask, gloves, line, etc.....

As far as the net storage goes, I think "Whiteboat" is in the minority. I like the net having a standard place and it functions as a divider in the huge center compartment so it works fine IMO. I have seen it stored behind the seat and that looks handy, just worry a little about my partner tripping on it (of course he trips on everything).

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    I wish they would offer an STS model or a version of it without the net storage on the front deck. It just seems to really be in the way and limits storage issues. Put the net behind the seats.
    I disagree. I like the net storage where it is for I don't fish off the back. I like it at my feet and easily accessible.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com