Green River Lake?

Does anyone know if you can get through the cut at Goat Island? Thanks in advance

Nope

3. Member
    Still pretty low. My buddy bottomed his out at stone quarry two weeks ago & said he saw two guys out pushing their’s off another spot so be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by JLWatts View Post
    Does anyone know if you can get through the cut at Goat Island? Thanks in advance
    To idle through the gap safely its best if its summer pool. You can go through it when its down a little but it really needs to be summer pool to do it with no worries. On 4/5 the lake was within 1.5' of being summer pool and you might make it through with the motor trimmed high as long as you're in a boat that's not huge like a pontoon. Although the main gate is on .40 the lake actually rose a small amount in the last 24 hour because of inflow. Buy Saturday they will be opening it to .70 and it will slowly fall because buy then the outflow will be greater than the inflow. Personally at 1.5 below summer pool I would go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Still pretty low. My buddy bottomed his out at stone quarry two weeks ago & said he saw two guys out pushing their’s off another spot so be careful.

Now if you go around watch that flat that comes way off the back side of the island across from stone quarry. Heck at summer pool there is places 100 yards from the bank that are 1ft deep. That flat has grounded multiple boats over the years.

Enough typing on BBC...I'm headed to Green in a few minutes

5. Member
    Thanks to all that replied. We are coming down in the morning; JR19 do you mind telling water color is?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    To idle through the gap safely its best if its summer pool. You can go through it when its down a little but it really needs to be summer pool to do it with no worries. On 4/5 the lake was within 1.5' of being summer pool and you might make it through with the motor trimmed high as long as you're in a boat that's not huge like a pontoon. Although the main gate is on .40 the lake actually rose a small amount in the last 24 hour because of inflow. Buy Saturday they will be opening it to .70 and it will slowly fall because buy then the outflow will be greater than the inflow. Personally at 1.5 below summer pool I would go around.

Now if you go around watch that flat that comes way off the back side of the island across from stone quarry. Heck at summer pool there is places 100 yards from the bank that are 1ft deep. That flat has grounded multiple boats over the years.

Enough typing on BBC...I'm headed to Green in a few minutes

On the lower end/the Robison side I have no idea. On the upper end it gets some strong but still fisable color near Holmes Bend. I’ll be there tomorrow as well. I got a feeling the dirty water will make it fish small. Several boats on the water today/Friday. Tomorrow will be a gang bang. Just have to wait your turn for a spot

The mid lake is clear to very clear.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    On the lower end/the Robison side I have no idea. On the upper end it gets some strong but still fisable color near Holmes Bend. I’ll be there tomorrow as well. I got a feeling the dirty water will make it fish small. Several boats on the water today/Friday. Tomorrow will be a gang bang. Just have to wait your turn for a spot

The mid lake is clear to very clear.
    Thank you. Will be putting in at the dam and not sure if I’ll make it past Butler.

9. Member
    Any update water quality wise?

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    The lake rose to a little over summer pool with recent rain. They are slowly pulling water. Target date for summer pool is May 1 so they will pull it slightly below summer pool for now. However mothernature is getting ready to throw us some more rain in a couple days. Pending the amount I'll say it will slightly rise again but who knows how much. The water temperature is rising fast with water temps in the middle and upper 60's everywhere. Some places stained but still very fishable wherever you want to go.

11. Member
    Thanks. Heading to Cumberland this Thurs, thought of Green if things aren't productive at Cumberland - always good to have a plan B lol.

12. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKz View Post
    Thanks. Heading to Cumberland this Thurs, thought of Green if things aren't productive at Cumberland - always good to have a plan B lol.
    I have not been to Cumberland but if I was betting $ its gin clear and a few degrees cooler than green. It typically is slower to warm due to size and clarity. Mid April is typically a good time for smallmouth on Cumberland.

13. Member
    lower end yesterday. a few floaters when wind isnt blowing them to shore. 59-62F vis 5 to 6 ft. We caught LM and KYs but only one SM. power fishing mainly. SM not been as good as last 2 yrs for this time of year. If i was going to target SM i would go deeper and slow roll a swimbait just above bottom in areas they would spawn or stage

14. Member
    Put in at Alligator, fished Dudley, Greasy, and some main lake. Was a grind with 9 total. So heading to GR tomorrow. Hope tonight's storms don't muddy it up too much.

15. Member
    Hit the largemouth this week was fortunate to be off as they rolled in like crazy mon tues and thur- best days I’ve ever had in size and number. But alas all good things come to an in and they all locked in beds , today was fun but nothing like previous. This is what 4th year thus far without any flooding on Cumberland and I think it’s really helped largemouth spawning etc…

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    This is what 4th year thus far without any flooding on Cumberland and I think it’s really helped largemouth spawning etc…
    It sure needed a chance at a great spawn since it's usually up & then the corps open the gates & leave the beds high & dry.

17. Member
    I seen some bedding in a foot of water. But they ain’t dropping it fortunately

18. Member
    Went back to Cumberland today, got in to KY and smallie all on jerkbaits. That cold front was cruel lol.

Green fished a lil tough this weekend. The cold front hit em hard.

20. Member
    ^^^ Yes, fished in spitting drizzle Friday and had all of 2 dinks to show for my efforts.