ISO. Quantum Gary Klein Spiral Wrap

So back in 2005 quantum came out with a tour edition signature series line of Rods.
    I remember Gary Klein had two, 7 foot MH Glass rod and a 8 foot flipping stick with a foam fore grip.
    Does anyone have One of these rods? I don’t care how big to crap it is or whatever I just want to get my hands on one for a multitude of reasons.
    One is nostalgia and the others I want to get a rod built and I wanted to mimic that 7 foot medium heavy glass rod because I remember that thing being an absolute machine.

if anyone has one, even if you don’t want to get rid of it, please let me know I would like to see some pictures of it

2. Member
    I think those Quantum’s were like the old Rich Forhan rods. I think a company called spiralite makes some like that. I do not have any, so sorry to not be of more help. I do have a Tour model from that time frame that was very nice in its day. Comparable to Shimano Crucial or SC avid at that time. Good luck!

3. Member
    I have a 7' Klein Quantum Tour, but I believe it is a composite glass/graphite rod. Mine does not have a fore grip. I have several custom rods made by Legit fishing in North Dakota. I love them and the workmanship on the rods is perfect. I know that he has built several spiral wrap rods for other customers. I'd be more than happy to discuss my rod with you, PM a phone number and I'll call you.

4. Member
    If you're talking about the one with the gold blank/EVA that was from '08 or '09 I think or at least that's the flippin stick. Closest blank to that flippin stick would be the Liberty 804.

The cranking rod would have mirrored a Seeker BS706 (the tomato stake), that's what Forhan used to build and he built all of Klein's rods. It might still be available though I haven't built one in probably 10 years or more. The Rod Geeks SG70MHM is very close to the Seeker just a touch less power. You can get a SG79MHM pretty much dead on the Seeker by taking an inch off of the tip and then the rest from the butt end. Both are S-Glass, the difference is the Seeker is all S-Glass (huge OD at the butt end, like 3/4") and the Rod Geeks bottom 3rd is carbon and the top 2/3 S-Glass so the butt end OD is more reasonable.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    If you're talking about the one with the gold blank/EVA that was from '08 or '09 I think or at least that's the flippin stick. Closest blank to that flippin stick would be the Liberty 804.

The cranking rod would have mirrored a Seeker BS706 (the tomato stake), that's what Forhan used to build and he built all of Klein's rods. It might still be available though I haven't built one in probably 10 years or more. The Rod Geeks SG70MHM is very close to the Seeker just a touch less power. You can get a SG79MHM pretty much dead on the Seeker by taking an inch off of the tip and then the rest from the butt end. Both are S-Glass, the difference is the Seeker is all S-Glass (huge OD at the butt end, like 3/4") and the Rod Geeks bottom 3rd is carbon and the top 2/3 S-Glass so the butt end OD is more reasonable.
    The BS 706 was one of my favorite SGlass customs back in the day...anything moving from 3/8-1/2 spinnerbaits to cranks, it waa great with 10-12 CXX.