Help! Motorguide Power Gator Mount

Anyone know anything about this mount? I have searched and searched the internet for an installation manual or user manual and have found nothing. On the box it says MM5589. When you hook it to power you can hear it trying to do something but nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

2. Member
    The reason you can't find the info on this is they quit making it at least 10 years ago. It had may issues and all of them bad. No parts to be found. You have to buy a regular gator mount.

Contact the person that has one for sale that includes the manual and see if you can get a copy made----------

Find MOTORGUIDE POWER GATOR MOUNT in Hulbert, Oklahoma, United States (2040-parts.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Contact the person that has one for sale that includes the manual and see if you can get a copy made----------

Find MOTORGUIDE POWER GATOR MOUNT in Hulbert, Oklahoma, United States (2040-parts.com)
    I tried the contact form on the listing and it didn’t do anything. Any suggestions?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhambassin View Post
    Anyone know anything about this mount? I have searched and searched the internet for an installation manual or user manual and have found nothing. On the box it says MM5589. When you hook it to power you can hear it trying to do something but nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

image0.jpegimage1.jpeg
    Yes, I know quite a bit about the Power Gator mounts. I rebuilt many of them and used to give them out to handicap anglers that couldnt lift the trolling motor by themselves. I would retrofit the motor to a New Gator Mount. Are you powering it up with 12V or 24V, it sounds to me like you have the 24V version and you are powering it up with 12V.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    Yes, I know quite a bit about the Power Gator mounts. I rebuilt many of them and used to give them out to handicap anglers that couldnt lift the trolling motor by themselves. I would retrofit the motor to a New Gator Mount. Are you powering it up with 12V or 24V, it sounds to me like you have the 24V version and you are powering it up with 12V.
    The guy that bought it from me hooked it up 12V and then told me it didn’t work! Does it require a 3-way switch to change the polarity and direction of the motor?

7. Member
    Below is a breakdown of the mount. It does call out a switch. If i had to guess it is a reversing switch.

https://www.crowleymarine.com/motorg...-black-mga0601

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhambassin View Post
    The guy that bought it from me hooked it up 12V and then told me it didn’t work! Does it require a 3-way switch to change the polarity and direction of the motor?
    . Yes but you can simply reverse the wire if you are just testing it. Be careful because when it moves it could easily snap your fingers right offf!