H18 f150 setup help

Long time reader first time posting I have a 2017 H18 with 1 talon Yamaha F150 6” manual jack plate 23 pitch power tech prop 4.25 prop to pad about 6100 WOT rpm by myself empty livewell half tank of gas & my normal tackle I’m getting about 58 mph top end from reading the boards I need to start with a new prop but I’m trying to buy once cry once mercury & Yamaha prop calculators have given me different suggestions from 23 pitch to 26 pitch I’m trying to find the right used prop I’m not against more set back but it already sits really low in the water or a hydraulic jack plate. I want the best top end but don’t want a miserable hole shot with a partner & a full livewell I’ve always been about top speed but honestly I think what I’m looking for is something I can comfortably cruise in the mid 50s, in a perfect world I would love to cruise low to mid 50s without being WOT run mid 60s solo & half a tank of fuel, & run high 50s with a partner & a full tournament load if that’s possible. Hopefully some of the Xpress pros will chime in. I’m open to any suggestions but I like to buy used because I’m cheap.
    Last edited by Caleb586; 04-04-2024 at 11:12 AM.

2. Member
    I get 60 with that set up but with a 23 tempest with two people and full tank.

3. Member
    with a 150 a 23 was my sweet spot on a x19. Better to be under propped than over. cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Member
    2021 X18 with gray150, 6" plate 23p PT prop and 58 is normal for me with full tanks and gear. Broke 60 a few times in cool weather but not normally. Usually cruise in mid 40's and have kind of given up trying to top 60 all the time.

5. Member
    I have also hit 60 with a 21 tempest. I just switched to a lithium 36v battery. Also just installed a one bankncharger to reduce weight in the back so I can draft shallower water. I will report back on speed when I take it out.

6. Member
    I just saw all these replies thanks for the help I’m on the hunt for a good priced used 23p tempest it sounds like the thing that’s weird to me is with the power tech I can trim& get the rpm’s all the way to like 6400 ish even with a decent load that’s why I wasn’t sure if I should try a higher pitch

7. Member
    Sounds like your tach is reading badly. I don't think an f150 would get to 6400 without the rev limiter cutting in.