Is it installed properly?

Hi everyone. My buddy installed the Garmin on his boat. He is just making sure he have it installed properly because we are both second guessing ourselves now. The Trolling motor is stowed on the port side of boat. So the Garmin is on the port side of the shaft when deployed right? He sent me 2 pics. I hope they are ok for some help. Then we can talk settings cause I haven't dug into the menu yet. I just know mega live.

Thanks alot for the help,
    jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Anyone? We know we have to adjust the angle bit just want to make sure it’s physically on right and facing correct.

3. Member
    Yes, that is correct.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

4. Member
    The correct mounting of the LVS on a plumb TM shaft or stick is to insure that the three arrays of elements are pointed properly. For the Forward Orientation, one array is horizontal, one is tilted up 22.5 degrees and the third is point up at 45 degrees. The difference in the mounting of port and starboard is NOT a change in these angles. Rather, it is that the top and bottom arrays change in their function.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Ok so because we are port side the top array is with garmin reading straight. Not angled. I appreciate that. So now I just have to read up on the settings for him.

6. Member
    So are there any settings that should be a certain way on this setup. I’m going to start to watch some videos too.

7. Member
    I have had my LVS 34 turn backwards on me many times. My remedy was always to factory reset and validate it up against a shoreline. I recently found this forum and hope I can finally figure out how to stop this factory reset nonsense. I have looked at the images a few times and scratched my head on why the angle of the sonar is at a different angle depending on side of boat/trolling motor. I have been keeping mine parallel to the water surface for forward looking, which it is in this threads images. But I run mine off a stalk off the starboard side, which in turns out possibly is part of my problem. I also thought it had something of bringing it out of the water when I move locations. I have it on a Beatdown Outdoors Breakaway Transducer pole.

Back to the angle difference....can someone explain in simple english why the angle of the LVS would be different, when mounting it just a few inches one way or another, on the other side of something (trolling motor in most cases). My point of reference when looking at the Garmin screen is where the pole is going down in the water, not the trolling motor.

It's also been mentioned in other threads of a gyro in the sonar that knows if it's forward or down. Does the compass calculation play into that? Now that I think of it I'm probably zapping that compass calculation every time I factory reset the LVS.

Thanks for the feedback.

The different mounting angle only applies to the LVS32 because its mount hole is only on one side. The LVS34 mounting hole goes all the way through so it orients the same on either side.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimim View Post
    So are there any settings that should be a certain way on this setup. I’m going to start to watch some videos too.

One of the better on the water instructional videos out there.

10. Member
    thanks alot for the link. I got a nice list made out for him. I'm going to have one of. the teachers I work with laminate a cheat sheet for him once I make it up. I'm going to reset the unit to factory and go from there so I know exactly what is going on. so many people have him all messed up he has no idea what to do. tomorrow is the first day in over 2 weeks we could actually get out due to weather so I said I need an hour to set it up with no fishing and then we can hit all our typical spots we know has structure and start to fine toon things for him. I appreciate the help here!

jim

Quote Originally Posted by 300BlkOut View Post
    I have had my LVS 34 turn backwards on me many times. My remedy was always to factory reset and validate it up against a shoreline. I recently found this forum and hope I can finally figure out how to stop this factory reset nonsense. I have looked at the images a few times and scratched my head on why the angle of the sonar is at a different angle depending on side of boat/trolling motor. I have been keeping mine parallel to the water surface for forward looking, which it is in this threads images. But I run mine off a stalk off the starboard side, which in turns out possibly is part of my problem. I also thought it had something of bringing it out of the water when I move locations. I have it on a Beatdown Outdoors Breakaway Transducer pole.

Back to the angle difference....can someone explain in simple english why the angle of the LVS would be different, when mounting it just a few inches one way or another, on the other side of something (trolling motor in most cases). My point of reference when looking at the Garmin screen is where the pole is going down in the water, not the trolling motor.

It's also been mentioned in other threads of a gyro in the sonar that knows if it's forward or down. Does the compass calculation play into that? Now that I think of it I'm probably zapping that compass calculation every time I factory reset the LVS.

Thanks for the feedback.
    He has a 32 and you have a 34. As Bryan said they mount differently. For forward on the 34 the wire should be towards the rear and front of transducer one click up from the top being parallel. Parallel like you have it is for down mode.

12. Member
    Think I have it whipped now. Wire is always in the rear regardless of port or starboard. The biggest thing I was doing wrong was having it sitting parallel for 'Forward' view. Thanks for all the tips everyone.

13. Member
    Is it truly necessary to have the wire toward the rear when in forward mode?

Quote Originally Posted by bware View Post
    Is it truly necessary to have the wire toward the rear when in forward mode?
    On the LVS Livescope Plus YES.