Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    There are plenty of scams on aliexpress and some of them have their systems worked out very well. One of the scams is sending a tracking number for someone else’s low price item. It still shows delivered and because of this it completes the necessary requirements for protection from PayPal. Then they just drag out the issue until buyer protection expires.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    There are plenty of scams on aliexpress and some of them have their systems worked out very well. One of the scams is sending a tracking number for someone else’s low price item. It still shows delivered and because of this it completes the necessary requirements for protection from PayPal. Then they just drag out the issue until buyer protection expires.
    The other thing they will do is ask the buyer to drop the PayPal claim and they will issue a refund and then they never do. Then since the case was dropped it can’t be re-opened.

3. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    I have bought 40-50 items from Ali Express over the years and it’s all been fishing tackle. Always have an open mind on what you may actually receive, some baits are trash but look good on their site.

There are deals to be had on there on certain things, but that pricing on actual name
    brand manufactured graph seems to good to be true.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

4. Member
    I know it's unlikely I actually receive a new working black box and LVS34 but i do like to gamble and hope PayPal takes care of me if I lose

To the others that ordered when you receive your package video yourself opening it so you will have that evidence to give to PayPal if the item is not what you ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by cmclairday2 View Post
    this is the one im curious about. thats a smoking deal if its true

6. Member
    Someone on here ordered that one but lives in Canada. That's what I wanted originally but said cannot ship to my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by wvbassmaster View Post

It says that my package is at the shipper, so I guess we'll see if I get what I hope or a big box of ankle socks. I just went online and all of the LVS34 items that were available yesterday, I cant find anymore, so that doesnt make me feel great. This could have been a gamble I may lose on but I guess Ill find out between Aril 22-28 when delivery is expected for Jarmin LVS340
    Quote Originally Posted by wvbassmaster View Post
    Last edited by Aruss1984; 04-04-2024 at 11:00 AM.

Did a few searches on their website for Humminbird, Lowrance, Garmin... there are lots of smokin' deals. None of which ship to my address.

Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    Someone on here ordered that one but lives in Canada. That's what I wanted originally but said cannot ship to my area.
    Told me that also

Quote Originally Posted by Aruss1984 View Post
    That was me. It says that my package is at the shipper, so I guess we'll see if I get what I hope or a big box of ankle socks. I just went online and all of the LVS34 items that were available yesterday, I cant find anymore, so that doesnt make me feel great. This could have been a gamble I may lose on but I guess Ill find out between Aril 22-28 when delivery is expected for Jarmin LVS340
    please keep us posted

It's all fun and games until these things start bricking the depth finder they are connected to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It's all fun and games until these things start bricking the depth finder they are connected to.
    Hadn’t thought of that. That would assume they receive a product at all tho lol
    Would be wild if it was some attempt at making the actual product or making a product that looks like it without the necessary internal components

13. Member
    "China accounted for three-fourths of the value of counterfeit and pirated goods seized by Customs and Border Protection"

"Phony products can also cost the legitimate holders of intellectual property (IP) rights substantial amounts of money and lead to job losses at affected companies."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ts-ustr-report
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

14. #FRB
    Something that makes you wonder is how many people are buying this stuff hoping for a quick flip to someone thinking they're getting a genuine product?
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

15. Member
    Anybody order any reels from this site?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbass View Post
    Anybody order any reels from this site?
    I bought a Shimano Ultegra a couple of weeks ago from an authorized dealer, noticed AliExpress has them for 26.00. After taking screenshots and zooming in on the pictures of the reel I'm confident the AliExpress reel is counterfeit.

Any updates on delivery for anyone yet? Apparently mine is coming April 28. We shall see

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruss1984 View Post
    Any updates on delivery for anyone yet? Apparently mine is coming April 28. We shall see
    Mine says April 19

19. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Mine is June 9th. Guess I get to sit on the sidelines and see how this plays out long before mine actually “arrives”
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

Ok, you're the first one I think lol
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Mine says April 19

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast