2 different brands of Lithiums IN PARALLEL

Does it matter if you use 2 different (12v 125 AH)brands of batteries to wire in parallel for cranking and running units?
    TIA

Discharging them in parallel should be fine. Possible issue charging them in parallel if they do not have the same exact capacity. It would be worth a try to see if they both charge up to 100%.

Same chemistry of lithium? Same cell type (rectangular prismatic, pouch, cylindrical)?

If you can verify they are both a very similar measured capacity it can work. Some companies take their "100Ah" battery and put 105Ah capacity in it so that it is still around 100 toward it's end of life. Advertised capacity doesn't always match actual.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

4. Member
    I was told it would void the warranties if you did. I put a 2 battery switch in to hook them up to. My newest (Ionic 125) is battery #1, my older battery is battery #2. If I run battery #1 down, I can switch to #2. Never had to though.

5. Member
    BMS compatibility could be an issue as well.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    Guys on here claim to be running a 125ah and 50ah in parallel. The thought is its like a water tank they will equalize while charge and discharge.

7. Member
    One reference to the 125ah and 50ah batteries in parallel were of the same company--Ionic. The Ionic BMS treats that combination as a 175ah battery. I would double check with Drew to verify that for the Ionic batteries or the company representative of the battery you decide upon before hooking up an unknown combination.

8. Member
    I was told that it was ok to use two different brand of lithiums in parallel as long as short 4ga. cable was used, so far so good, no smoke!
    As for charging, pos. on one battery and neg. on the other.

9. Member
    Thanks for the 4 gauge wire information. I was unaware of what size cable would be appropriate.