Triton 19 trx patriot vs other 19ft boats

I am looking to upgrade from a old 2005 ranger reata 180 v/s. Was the compromise when the kids were young and now that they are grown looking to upgrade to a real bass boat and have been looking at all the normal contenders, skeeter zx200, zxr19, phoenix 819, nitro z19, ranger z519 etc...If money was no object then it would be easy choice but with how expensive the boats are along with everything else trying to get the best bang for buck. I noticed Basspro (White River) carried them and had some really good deal on some 2023 models and started looking at them. From looking on the website they appear to have similar dimensions to the other boats I have been looking at but lower in price. I am not looking at going the fastest, just want a stable easy ride. The only think that I think I would prefer would be Yamaha vs the Mercury but the only boat that I am looking that has that would be the skeeters.

Just thought I would ask about if any owners of the 19 trx's what they like and what they don't, I know I'm on a triton forum but thought this would be a good place to get some opinions, thanks. :)

2. Member
    I have the 19xs , about the same boat, it’s a big 19 footer, fishes great and rides great, if i were looking for a new boat right now, the first one I’d look at would be the 19trx patriot and then the 20 patriot, but would probably stick with the 19 , also seems like a great value right now

3. Member
    I bought one a year ago and have no complaints. It has been flawless so far. It fishes big in my opinion and has a good ride. Plenty of storage for the way I fish. The 225 is more than enough motor for it. Mine will hit 70 easily but I'm never in a hurry so mid 50's is comfortable for me. Mine has a couple of 12 Lives and a hydraulic jack plate.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

4. Member
    I liked everything about my trx except…the seats sit too low (that can be remedied) and I hated the way the nose dipped down so low. I never had any issue with spearing waves with any other triton I owned. But I got 2 pretty good with my trx model. Everything else about it I really liked.

5. Member
    I have the 19XS which is the same hull and I love it, however if buying new I would get a boat with a Yamaha SHO instead of a Mercury so that puts Triton out for me. I would probably go with a 19 foot Skeeter or Phoenix. You can save some money by getting a 200hp SHO instead of a 225, then flash it to a 300 hp, It will run way better than any 19 footer with a Mercury 4 stroke on it.

Those interested, I noticed 72Marine has (2) new 2024 Triton 19’ already marked down.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I have the 19XS which is the same hull and I love it, however if buying new I would get a boat with a Yamaha SHO instead of a Mercury so that puts Triton out for me. I would probably go with a 19 foot Skeeter or Phoenix. You can save some money by getting a 200hp SHO instead of a 225, then flash it to a 300 hp, It will run way better than any 19 footer with a Mercury 4 stroke on it.
    Yeah I would prefer a yamaha and my first choice is a skeeter boat but saw these pop up and they look like it could be a good deal. I know there is a big debate over engine brands but Mercury has secured most arrangements with most of the builders. Of all the boats I am looking at most only use Mercury, you can get a phoenix with a yamaha but they are few and far between and I do not want to do a custom order, etc. If I can get a boat while saving 8k or so, I'd prefer a yamaha but 8k buys a lot of electronics and shallow water anchor etc...The 4 stroke mercs appear to be decent, I know I read some stuff but there are so many of them I think if they had some major flaws they would be known. I know if I do go with Merc I will get a leash for it, the number of boats where the engine has separated from the boat is troubling that should never happen.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bishoptf View Post
    Yeah I would prefer a yamaha and my first choice is a skeeter boat but saw these pop up and they look like it could be a good deal. I know there is a big debate over engine brands but Mercury has secured most arrangements with most of the builders. Of all the boats I am looking at most only use Mercury, you can get a phoenix with a yamaha but they are few and far between and I do not want to do a custom order, etc. If I can get a boat while saving 8k or so, I'd prefer a yamaha but 8k buys a lot of electronics and shallow water anchor etc...The 4 stroke mercs appear to be decent, I know I read some stuff but there are so many of them I think if they had some major flaws they would be known. I know if I do go with Merc I will get a leash for it, the number of boats where the engine has separated from the boat is troubling that should never happen.
    Getting the right motor to begin with is the most important thing for me. Electronics, trolling motors and accessories can be easily upgraded later and whatever you install will be outdated in 3 years, the same can't be said for the outboard.

9. Member
    Have to ask but I know tritons were pretty common about chine walking at higher speeds. Supposedly the newer hulls changed that but is that accurate? Are the TRX and XP hulls better behaved or do they still have a tendency to walk at higher speeds?

Thanks

Honestly It probably doesnt matter since I really dont care to go as fast as I can, I assume that with a 225 trx 19 I should be able to go 55-60 without having any chine walk.
    Last edited by bishoptf; 04-04-2024 at 09:28 AM.

10. Member
    Have to ask but I know tritons were pretty common about chine walking at higher speeds. Supposedly the newer hulls changed that but is that accurate? Are the TRX and XP hulls better behaved or do they still have a tendency to walk at higher speeds?

Thanks

Honestly It probably doesnt matter since I really dont care to go as fast as I can, I assume that with a 225 trx 19 I should be able to go 55-60 without having any chine walk.
    Just about all of the faster boats will try to walk at higher speeds.

11. Member

Thanks

the trx is very easy to drive compared to the tr hulls

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    the trx is very easy to drive compared to the tr hulls
    I will second this. I learned on. Tr19 with a 200. My 20 trx with a 250 was much easier to drive. It would walk some, but nothing like my tr19. It took me a good 3 months to learn how to drive it wide open.