Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I would bet most guy’s don’t know that Zebco sells a Spincast reel
    that sells for $140. Seriously upgraded them.

2. Member
    Great story and memory. Lots of memories of Table Rock and my aunts, uncles, grandparents and my son who is now 28. The best days of my life happened on a lake with my family.

3. Member
    Thanks for posting!

4. Member
    Great story RB and great memories.
    You are a lucky man.

Easters for me as a child were spent with my Dad, Mom and sister on Bull Shoals lake since I was 6 years old in 1962.
    Unfortunately my grandpas did not fish. Fortunately my Dad did and with a passion.
    I wish I had every reel he bought me, from Zebco's, Johnsons, Abu Garcia spinning, spin cast and casting and many others.
    I too, am a lucky man.

5. Member
    Pop, my Dads father, would get me up at 4:30 in the morning to go catfishing. I get chastised today for eating those sausage and egg sandwiches with mustard and ketchup on them but that’s the way he fixed it and still love them today, 65 years later. Zebcos in the trunk with chairs and the catfish charley and off we would go to spend the day at a pay per pound lake. Thanks Pop for teaching me to fish. Hope my 7 month old grandson will one day have some memories like I have of my Pop.

6. Banned

7. Member
    Great story as stated. That was also my first reel after I fished with a cane pole for several years during early childhood. Dad used one of those as well!

8. You tube@ Rix Fishing Fix
    Thats an awesome story right there! Thanks for sharing that!
    TYG-(Trust Your Gut!!)

9. Member
    Thank you for sharing rb!!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Only reels Grandpa used..........
    That's true for my Grandpa as well.

11. Member
    You were styling with the chrome finish. We all used a black 33 zebco. When pops passed in 2019 I took possesion of it and his green Johnson push button. That one he didnt share.

54 years ago Easter Monday my family moved to the burbs from the city of Hartford.

12. Member
    Over 40million Zebco 33 sold. "Zebco" Zero Hour Bomb Co.

Are the 600's any good. I picked one up at a yard sale or fleamarket a while back and have never played with it yet.

20240402_204150.jpg20240402_204205.jpg20240402_204209.jpg20240402_204217.jpg20240402_204223.jpg20240402_204238.jpg
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

14. Member
    Great story RB. I could sit and listen to stories like that all day. I used to ask my Grandma, who was born in 1929, to tell me stories about what it was like growing up through the great depression and what her life was like as a child. First hand counts of history are amazing and I loved to hear her stories.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    Over 40million Zebco 33 sold. "Zebco" Zero Hour Bomb Co.

The early models are collectible. Used to have a few

https://www.zebco.com/en/about-us/history

Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    My Grandpa bought me this

Not one like it,this exact one. Easter Monday was a very special day for my family. Everybody was off of work and school and we went to our cabin at the lake. We would get there early and get the boat and lawn chairs out. The men folks would get the gas tanks and go up the road to the little store that sold some tackle and get gas and oil for the boat. While there that day PawPaw got me this reel. We would get back to the cabin and Mom and Grandma had hid the Easter eggs. While Dad and Grandpa got the boat ready I hunted the eggs. When they had the boat ready we all went fishing. Yes we kept the fish and had a fish fry, it was a free meal and good. I could ramble on for pages more about those days, but I'll just wrap it up. The love and the passion for the sport of fishing runs deep through us all, because someone cared enough to take us. And oh the memories that fills our minds. My son called from the lake yesterday and said get down here now they are biting like crazy, and bring the bag of Magdrafts in the closet when you come we'll all go to the chicken house and get the eggs when we get back. In the span of the three hours I was there we caught 24 on the Magdrafts. Just one more memory I can recall while sitting on the porch. Take some time to remember the important things guys
    The story itself brings back a flood of memories....thanks for that RB! I grew up on the salt water in the low country of SC. I had a Zebco 404 loaded with 30# mono on a St Croix rod....caught many sheephead and flounder on that setup. All the reel internals in those days were metal/brass not nylon like they are today....bullet proof.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

17. Member
    My wife asked my dad where my passion for fishing came from. My dad told here it just was born with me. From day 1 that was all I wanted to do. I remember being at a auction with my grandpa when I was probably 4 or 5 years old. My grandpa had me on his shoulders and was having me put up his bid number when he told me to. They got to some old fishing poles and me not knowing any better kept putting up the bid number cause I wanted one. My grandpa always tells the story that he couldn't believe a old Johnson rod and reel was bid up so high. I think I paid like $15 for it. Someone knew what was happening and bid it up realizing I wasn't going to stop and my grandpa had no clue I was the other bidder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12