Question Troubleshoot 200 Mercury EFI

Hoping someone can share some insight here on an issue I am having with an older Merc 200 EFI. The boat has a new computer, fuel filter, primer bulb and fuel line, and a new impeller. The boat also has a new lower unit and prop, but it is the same pitch it has ran since factory. The boat starts every time, runs quiet, and runs great at WOT. The issue is that it takes multiple attempts to get it up on plane and it varies how many times it takes. I have read so many different comments about what the issue potentially is, that I am hoping someone here can advise from experience where I need to start to resolve this issue. Appreciate any feedback on this question.

I had an engine that would do fine first thing in the morning but got heated up and would barely get on plane. turns out the water intake was bad would pump water at idle but not at speed. Another thing u could be running into is prop plugs, try removing one at a time to see if that helps holeshot.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    I’d check and make sure that the new fuel line isn’t able to pinch itself closed as in too much fuel line being stuffed into a confined area.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I had an engine that would do fine first thing in the morning but got heated up and would barely get on plane. turns out the water intake was bad would pump water at idle but not at speed. Another thing u could be running into is prop plugs, try removing one at a time to see if that helps holeshot.
    Thanks Bryan, I will definitely look a that

5. Member
    Thanks for the response,. I am confident that is not the issue as I went with a shorter fuel line to avoid that possibility.