Center seat storage on older ZX

I saw this on FB and it got me thinking I’d like to have the extra storage on my 06 zx250

My question is what other options are out there for this type of insert

center-setbox.jpg
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Member
    That’s the cheapest option. The one for phoenix boats is really nice but I think it’s over $500

As stated, there is the Bass Pro coin box pictured above, and not much else for less than $300. Some closer to $500 even.

Be warned, that Bass Pro generic coin box is pretty wide and does not fit in between the seats of a lot of ZX/FX/FXR etc - be sure to measure to make sure how much room you have. 14-15" is typicall, and that box pictured is 17" wide IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    As stated, there is the Bass Pro coin box pictured above, and not much else for less than $300. Some closer to $500 even.

Be warned, that Bass Pro generic coin box is pretty wide and does not fit in between the seats of a lot of ZX/FX/FXR etc - be sure to measure to make sure how much room you have. 14-15" is typicall, and that box pictured is 17" wide IIRC.
    Yea just measured my center seat and its like 13-1/2" wide so no way that will fit
    "The handicapped angler"

A good option for the Skeeters is the BassCat carpeted coin box, more expensive than the BPS box, but less than the $300-500 "boutique" brands that are out there. problem is you have to pretty much luck into on, ie someone sellling it b/c they upgraded to the glass version. Wait time ordering from Basscat is usually 6-9 months at least, unless they just happen to have one that someone didn't want.

Well shoot, I say that, looks like the price has gone up since I last looked at them - I want to say they used to be in the $200-225 range.

https://basscatstore.com/carpetedstepbox.aspx

I've gotten around it by just converting my cooler into dry storage, but not sure how long that will last now that it's starting to warm back up.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    A good option for the Skeeters is the BassCat carpeted coin box, more expensive than the BPS box, but less than the $300-500 "boutique" brands that are out there. problem is you have to pretty much luck into on, ie someone sellling it b/c they upgraded to the glass version. Wait time ordering from Basscat is usually 6-9 months at least, unless they just happen to have one that someone didn't want.

Well shoot, I say that, looks like the price has gone up since I last looked at them - I want to say they used to be in the $200-225 range.

https://basscatstore.com/carpetedstepbox.aspx

I've gotten around it by just converting my cooler into dry storage, but not sure how long that will last now that it's starting to warm back up.
    I did that soon after I got my 2022 ZX225. I prefer prepping a soft side cooler in the house with ice and drinks. Hottest days of the year in Texas I've still got ice water in the soft side cooler when I get home. I prefer to not have to crawl into the boat to load or unload the built in, and having all that space right there handy behind the wheel is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Roper56 View Post
    I did that soon after I got my 2022 ZX225. I prefer prepping a soft side cooler in the house with ice and drinks. Hottest days of the year in Texas I've still got ice water in the soft side cooler when I get home. I prefer to not have to crawl into the boat to load or unload the built in, and having all that space right there handy behind the wheel is awesome.
    Yeah I've got a nice soft side RTIC, but it's just a bit big for the boat ( i think it's the 30 size), so I guess I need to pick up a "20" or similar for summer. Although, I have been carrying a gallon growler jug which works great for water, so probably could go even smaller for just some snacks or a sammy, etc.