Thread: Skeeter options

Skeeter options

Any chance skeeter will allow customers to choose what they want on their boat when ordering? I wish they would allow me to pick what electronics, anchors, and colors. Most of their colors options I just don’t like. This is the only reason I switched brands last year, but I do miss having a Skeeter.

2. Member
    They now have a Pro model that allows more options

3. Member
    in manufacturing the more different folks that you deal with on parts to build boats is the more chance you will build a boat an have it ready to ship an be waiting on parts to do it .

4. Member
    Maybe your dealer will work trade ins with you before they install. You can pick colors on the fxr select. They get volume pricing for having packages. That's why they are so competitively priced. It's just hard to beat a skeeter package deal.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

Skeeter figured out that by producing a limited selection of colors, and streamlining the options list, they can keep the prices more competitive than similar brands. Its not for everyone... but it works really well for a lot of buyers. They are strict to what they will and wont do, and those things are listed on their website under their build section. The "select" model in recent years past was their only bass boat model that you could custom color, but that has changed now and has been replaced by their PRO model. While the Pro Series FXR does allow you to delete the items that are standard on the Limited or Apex models, the option to custom color the boat is no longer available.

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    My dealer said they can not install the electronics and I could sell them.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

7. Member
    There ya go! Trade them to RMP or sell on your own.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    My dealer said they can not install the electronics and I could sell them.
    Of course you can sell them, you just bought them, they are yours. But, you will have to sell them for less than you just paid for them.

9. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt View Post
    Of course you can sell them, you just bought them, they are yours. But, you will have to sell them for less than you just paid for them.
    I understand that I was just trying to help the OP so if he wanted to do that he wouldn't have holes cut in the dash.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    I understand that I was just trying to help the OP so if he wanted to do that he wouldn't have holes cut in the dash.

Are any of the electronics even flush mounted on new Skeeters any more? There are no holes to cut I don't think. Skeeter has their own mounts for single and dual unit setups.

11. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Are any of the electronics even flush mounted on new Skeeters any more? There are no holes to cut I don't think. Skeeter has their own mounts for single and dual unit setups.
    On the fxr and zxr there’s a hole cut out behind the graph plates. The zx200and zx150 are flush mounted.