New HelixG4MSI Update issue

New to HB and today I finally got around to performing the software update. I have not used this unit yet but HB showed there was an update available for it. Following directions, it said to go to the setting and set the unit to default settings first, so I did.
    Go a new SD card and downloaded the software to my laptop. Then copied the software to my SD card. The unit does not recognize any new software on the card.
    I deleted the software from the card, formatted it and tried again. Still no luck. I tried a different card with the same results. I long time user of HB buddy of mine came over, to help. same results.
    Anyone have any idea? Not sure if it matters but I have a M360 connected.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

What size card did you try to use?

No such thing as a HelixG4MSI.
    There are many generation 4 models and the software download has to match the entire model name as shown in the SYSTEM STATUS view.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Wayne, I tried a 32GB & a 16GB.
    My unit is a Helix 10 MSI+ GPS G4N
    The software I downloaded is titled HELIX10CHIRP_MSI_GPS_G4N_v2_930.bin
    Last edited by tdt91; 03-30-2024 at 06:30 PM.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Message sent
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL