Thread: New NFC blank

New NFC blank

I received a email from NFC about a newer blank like the Delta Zentron blanks but with the butt end being made from the Xray and the tip Zentron it a 7'6" blank and comes in two versions The Challenger with a gray tip and the Stinger with a bright yellow tip they are not painted tip material colored. the are spec the same med fast action, med heavy, 5/8 to 2 oz

I always liked the Delta Zentron blanks for smaller crank baits, top water, and chatter baits ....i just ordered a few of these new blanks does anyone know anything about these blanks

2. Member
    They are a Neo blank like all the others, Neo is not the material, it is the type of layup designed into the series where they can get multiple and specific characteristics built into the blank section by section, but this has been done to a certain extent with all the high end blank where multiple modulus materials are laid up tip to butt as durability/performance needs are met. They haven't even sent out the first ones yet, so more info will be in short supply. The rod blank is considered to be always made of a composite material design, therefore the material listed in their advertisements don't have to mention what percentage of any one material is in the blank, just that it is in there in some fashion. The tip sections will be colored just like the APFG and glass fly rods are by coloring the resin, the whole material roll the blanks are built on is this color.

3. Member
    I thought they were just the regular Neo blanks with the top 3rd having color added. I ordered up a few myself.

4. Member
    The blank has been out there for 3 years now, they just chose to give it names now. If you go to www.rodbuilding.org and search the blank you'll see it's a popular and talked about blank for that time period. The CC Data post there will also give you lots of info about all the blanks as they are tested and added to the post. I think there are nine pages of posts now and counting about peoples experiences.