Tire Pressure Management System reset button 2016 F150?

I got a tire pressure alert on my 2016 F150. Turns out the spare was flat. I dropped the spare and aired up the tire but the alert remains. YOUTUBE says there should be a reset button under the steering column but I cant find it. Anybody know if I have this reset button on my truck? Thanks

2. Member
    On some Fords you just need to drive them a bit and the light goes off, not sure if this would apply to yours.

Wasn’t aware the spare pressure was monitored. Does the truck have an info screen? My 17 250 when low pressure alerts, inflating up to appropriate pressure extinguishes the light.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Wasn’t aware the spare pressure was monitored. Does the truck have an info screen? My 17 250 when low pressure alerts, inflating up to appropriate pressure extinguishes the light.
    I am getting a warning message with a "OK" button to clear on the info screen and a low tire idiot light flashing on the dash. Will take it out on the highway for a bit to see if the warning/light clears.

Did you check pressure in all the other tires?

I've got a "19 Lariat and it doesn't have any sensor for the spare.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Did you check pressure in all the other tires?
    I did check nothing out of line, aired them all up to about 38 pounds, left overnight and checked. No air loss in any of the tires. Spare was flat.

Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    I did check nothing out of line, aired them all up to about 38 pounds, left overnight and checked. No air loss in any of the tires. Spare was flat.
    Unless you can verify the spare is monitored…sounds like you have a pressure sensor out. Sounds like you don’t have an info screen showing your pressures. If a sensor is out, that tire would show a blank on the screen.

A tire shop can test your sensors to figure out which one is bad. The age of your truck is about when the sensors start going bad. Already replaced one in my 17 F250 and another is intermittently failing and will need replaced. Easy fix for about 50-75 bucks for aftermarket sensor and installation.

9. Member
    What does your manual say ?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    What does your manual say ?
    I did read the section and it did not seem to help my problem. As said, I probably have a bad sensor. I am do for an oil change. Will take it to Ford and they hopefully have the right scanner. Hmmm, YOUTUBE says the tire has to be demounted to replace the sensor. May just wait until time for new tires and have them all done. A piece of tape over the light will ease the distraction for now.
    Last edited by csurp; 03-30-2024 at 03:51 PM.

11. Member
    Buddy of mine is a service manager at a local ford garage and he says there is no TPMS on your spare tire. The only manufacturer that "used to have them" (not sure about now) was Honda.

12. Member
    You could disconnect one battery post and let the system clear. But mine on my GMC kept coming back on until I had all of them replaced.

13. Member
    I have a 2012 and a decent OBD reader won’t signify which sensor is going bad. Dealer wants me to come by to read it, last 4 freaking times it went out as I got there! PITA, going to keep all the pressures up and buy a tps specific reader. Frustrating!

14. Member
    I picked up a reset tool for my son's GMC - I'm certain there's an equivalent for Fords. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

15. Scraps
    I bet you could disconnect the battery for like 15 minutes and that'd do the reset. I didn't realize the spare was monitored either.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I bet you could disconnect the battery for like 15 minutes and that'd do the reset. I didn't realize the spare was monitored either.
    If it’s a bad sensor it will just return. The Ford TPMS sensors are going out at 6-7 years according to the tire shop that replaced one of mine.

17. Member
    This doesn’t cost anything to try. Might b that all it needs is reset

18. Member
    then it takes 3 days to reprogram everything back like it was!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools