Floor fiberglass separated from gas tank/seat cap

Pulled out floor carpet to re-carpet and found a crack in floor fiberglass right behind ice chest, this crack slightly wider than Ice chest. Ice chest dosen't move. And the floor fiberglass curls up about 4 inches on the gas tank/seat cap. It is separated from cap, the width of the inside of floor area. And the cap moves downward about 1/4 to 3/8 inch when I sit on it, that's how I noticed it. I thought I'd chaulk it to keep water from getting down there and then realized not a good idea. You can see my white caulk where the floor seperated from the cap. I was sanding floor and realized the cap seemed to move with me and I'm a big'en. No swinging me in! Had a shop look at it yesterday and they said they need to grind the fiberglass off to get to the floor to replace fiberglass. Waiting on estimate. Has anyone had this issue or heard of it? I removed the grout I installed and sanded it real good. Going to drill holes for rivets and use 3M Marine Adhesive 5200 and suck it back up to cap. I have about two and half inches of clearance before gas tank.

CrackedFloor2.jpegBoatFloorFiberglass.jpegBoatFloorFiberglass2.jpeg
    Last edited by Irving-NorCal; 04-18-2024 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Adding Pictures
    Irving-NorCal
    2000 Cobra Viper 201 DC
    2024 Mercury 250L Pro XS SN# 3B431534
    Fury 3 Blade 24P