Thread: Vision Oneten.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vision Oneten.

Got a delivery from Tackle Trap with my Vision 110 and 110+1s. I'm loving that GP Pro Blue Secret color.

2. Scraps
    That and Matte Shad seem to be the most talked about colors.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

The Trap is great, have box to open on monday!

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    That and Matte Shad seem to be the most talked about colors.

Mat shad works everywhere. That is the color that Justin threw to help win the Classic.

5. Member
    Gary is a Class Act!

6. Member
    Can anyone explain in an unbiased opinion way what would make the mega bass different than say a Smithwick Rogue, Bomber Long A, or Cotton Cordell Redfin? I’m not too well versed in jerkbaits and rarely throw one… but I have been gearing up lately and trying to make myself throw them more….

I can’t make myself spend $25 on a bait without some kind of hint to what I’m getting for my money….

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    Can anyone explain in an unbiased opinion way what would make the mega bass different than say a Smithwick Rogue, Bomber Long A, or Cotton Cordell Redfin? I’m not too well versed in jerkbaits and rarely throw one… but I have been gearing up lately and trying to make myself throw them more….

I can’t make myself spend $25 on a bait without some kind of hint to what I’m getting for my money….
    Difference to me is. I can’t catch a fish on a 110. Caught tons on Rouge’s and Pointers and Staycees

I run 6-7 JB rods, its a important way to fish in my region and have been at it since the 80s. Each brand, model has its place. Each has an action to its own. Is one better than the other, all depends on your fishing needs. Overall I have caught more on a rouge the others. Without any order or preference if you have the following you will fit most situations
    Rouge- suspend and non suspend
    Lucky craft pointer & 100DD 78DD
    Jackall re range
    Megabass 110 110+1
    Rapala shadow rap.

If you only say there is one brand, you probably don't spend enough time understanding how the fish react to the movement or action each has. FFS has done a lot to unlock the reaction to movement. Darting vs Rolling action is two key differences, nose down vs flat, slight rise vs slight sink vs quick float vs quick sink. As you can tell not one brand or model does it all.
    I can spend hours on the water messing with the FFS and watching the reactions of fish to different baits.

So if you don't want to have 10 3600s of JBs don't want to spend a lot. You want just a couple in a brand I would go with Lucky craft. Dead middle of all of them, well made, good hooks, pretty much in the middle of all the movements and action.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Mat shad works everywhere. That is the color that Justin threw to help win the Classic.
    Its the best color for sure.

10. Member

Interested in this myself, used to catch a lot of fish on a smithwick (floating) rattling rouge. But, now I only ever fish Berkley stunna and 6th sense provoke and catch seem to catch a fish on them. Thinking I should go back to a rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by townsend266 View Post
    Interested in this myself, used to catch a lot of fish on a smithwick (floating) rattling rouge. But, now I only ever fish Berkley stunna and 6th sense provoke and catch seem to catch a fish on them. Thinking I should go back to a rouge.
    I have not bought the Stunna or the 6th sense to play with. I have bought other 6 th sense lures and have thought they were fairly decent. I keep hearing goid things about the stunna, will have to puck up avdew to see qhere they fit!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Mat shad is definitely one of my favorite colors. The pro blue secret looks great but I have never used it yet, I think it's a limited release color.

What is the +1 in a 110+1? Wouldn’t it just be a 111?
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

14. Member
    Jeff we have not been on the water too much this year, but we do most of our damage with Lucky Craft in the spring ..
    And trust me we have a ton of jerk baits ....We fished a TX. in Maine, I (Everett) caught most of the fish on that day? WOW ??
    Next day we another pond and I could not get a fish ? We got in a spot where she ( Jane) was getting bass on almost every cast? Same jerk bait as the TX ?
    I was going out of my mind, I took a look at my bait, it was full of water and sinking like a rock ? Sink Rate ?

15. Member
    I own and have fished with probably 200 jerkbaits of almost every brand and model. I haven't found one that is consistently better than the Megabass line of 110's. They have a special magic and I consider them the benchmark by which all other jerkbaits can be compared. When smallmouth are the target, I would rank an XRap up with them, particularly during the pre-spawn. Couple of observations... First, when a MB 110 starts to sink, salvage whatever hardware might be useful and toss the bait in the trash. Whatever magic is in a MB jerkbait disappears when water infiltrates the bait. So, if your buddies are catching them on 110s and you're not, check to see whether your bait is sinking slowly. Also, I have seen multiple occasions where the 110 is far more effective on straight fluorocarbon versus a braid with fluorocarbon leader. That one element of your presentation can spell the difference between an amazing day and a nothing day. My best guess is that the additional depth achieved by straight fluorocarbon can be very meaningful. Watch for that subtle nuance in presentation set up.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I run 6-7 JB rods, its a important way to fish in my region and have been at it since the 80s. Each brand, model has its place. Each has an action to its own. Is one better than the other, all depends on your fishing needs. Overall I have caught more on a rouge the others. Without any order or preference if you have the following you will fit most situations
    Rouge- suspend and non suspend
    Lucky craft pointer & 100DD 78DD
    Jackall re range
    Megabass 110 110+1
    Rapala shadow rap.

If you only say there is one brand, you probably don't spend enough time understanding how the fish react to the movement or action each has. FFS has done a lot to unlock the reaction to movement. Darting vs Rolling action is two key differences, nose down vs flat, slight rise vs slight sink vs quick float vs quick sink. As you can tell not one brand or model does it all.
    I can spend hours on the water messing with the FFS and watching the reactions of fish to different baits.

So if you don't want to have 10 3600s of JBs don't want to spend a lot. You want just a couple in a brand I would go with Lucky craft. Dead middle of all of them, well made, good hooks, pretty much in the middle of all the movements and action.
    Agree. Buying several brands of JB'S is not needed.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    What is the +1 in a 110+1? Wouldn’t it just be a 111?
    110 denotes the size.. so its 110mm long and the +1 means its a deep diver.

110 is the standard size

110+1 is same length but a longer bill

111 would mean I size difference
    Last edited by ECobb91; 03-30-2024 at 02:19 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Mat shad is definitely one of my favorite colors.
    I've heard that in the inner circles it's referred to as "Mark shad"....

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

19. Member
    I up until stunna came out mainly fished megabass 110 but man it’s hard to beat stunna esp live scoping in open water plus it’s 10 bucks cheaper. But mega bass quality stuff no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by brianf. View Post
    I own and have fished with probably 200 jerkbaits of almost every brand and model. I haven't found one that is consistently better than the Megabass line of 110's. They have a special magic and I consider them the benchmark by which all other jerkbaits can be compared. When smallmouth are the target, I would rank an XRap up with them, particularly during the pre-spawn. Couple of observations... First, when a MB 110 starts to sink, salvage whatever hardware might be useful and toss the bait in the trash. Whatever magic is in a MB jerkbait disappears when water infiltrates the bait. So, if your buddies are catching them on 110s and you're not, check to see whether your bait is sinking slowly. Also, I have seen multiple occasions where the 110 is far more effective on straight fluorocarbon versus a braid with fluorocarbon leader. That one element of your presentation can spell the difference between an amazing day and a nothing day. My best guess is that the additional depth achieved by straight fluorocarbon can be very meaningful. Watch for that subtle nuance in presentation set up.
    Good stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast