Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    • Publicly criticizing or questioning the integrity of MLF or MLF officials, including but not limited to MLF rules, policies and procedures.
    • Dissemination of disparaging content or content that one should reasonably know would harm the reputation of MLF, MLF officials or MLF sponsors.
    • Any other words, conduct or actions reflecting unfavorably upon efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship, fair competition and compliance with tournament rules, or which fail to comply with the standards set forth in the first sentence of paragraph 9.

In case of any conduct not complying with the standards outlined above, MLF shall have the right to refuse an application to compete, to deny a confirmed application to compete by returning the entry fee (minus deposit), to disqualify a contestant or impose any penalty outlined in paragraph 1.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt651 View Post
    • Publicly criticizing or questioning the integrity of MLF or MLF officials, including but not limited to MLF rules, policies and procedures.
    • Dissemination of disparaging content or content that one should reasonably know would harm the reputation of MLF, MLF officials or MLF sponsors.
    • Any other words, conduct or actions reflecting unfavorably upon efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship, fair competition and compliance with tournament rules, or which fail to comply with the standards set forth in the first sentence of paragraph 9.

In case of any conduct not complying with the standards outlined above, MLF shall have the right to refuse an application to compete, to deny a confirmed application to compete by returning the entry fee (minus deposit), to disqualify a contestant or impose any penalty outlined in paragraph 1.
    Rule #9......Sportsmanship

3. Member
    Duckett doesn't deserve respect he needs to earn it from anglers and satisfy sponsors he did not do that in the years passed. Like Watson said Boyd moved the goal post mid season. Its smoke and mirrors in my view, too many changes . I have positive hope for the invitationals and Toyota series and wish the best to the BPT anglers that have integrity as well .
    Salt n Fresh

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    His Boss,,,,,,,,,hmmm.........Yes he can fish elsewhere if he is not satisfied. However, Last I saw anglers were paying to participate in these tournaments. I think minimum expectations are that they be run properly and disputes should be handled fairly with decisions explained to those involved. Especially when those decisions directly impact your paycheck.
    LOL the anglers don't have to pay but when they sign that check they know the rules they are signing on to. They don't follow the rules and continuous trash the company, of course they're getting kicked out. Bottom line Watson knew his time was limited when the new structure came out. He blamed it on Boyd, whined and cried hoping it would fall on Boyd, when we all know it wasn't Boyd it was the company writing the checks that called for the change.

5. Member
    It seems to me that Watson wants to tell the TRUTH about things that happened and someone doesn't want it to come out. Bad move on MLF.

We see the same thing happening every day here in the U.S. FBD & FJRB

M

6. Member
    What’s gonna happen when someone wins a BFL wearing a #FBD hat. Will they do interview with them wearing it or make em take it off under threat of DQ?

I worked for FLW/MLF for several years. I have nothing but love and respect for all the tournament directors and staff. But since day 1 of the BPT happening, it’s been nothing but a D!€k swinging contest. They blatantly tried to gut BASS from day 1.

7. Member
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

The early version of the #FBD hat was plain in color and simply had #FBD. I though it was funny but this new version takes it to another level with the spin of the Duckett Fishing colors

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzebackhuntr View Post
    What’s gonna happen when someone wins a BFL wearing a #FBD hat. Will they do interview with them wearing it or make em take it off under threat of DQ?

I worked for FLW/MLF for several years. I have nothing but love and respect for all the tournament directors and staff. But since day 1 of the BPT happening, it’s been nothing but a D!€k swinging contest. They blatantly tried to gut BASS from day 1.
    They can't mess with the BFL's, that's the goose that lays golden eggs. You lose all those weekend warriors, their entry and membership fees and the customer base that sponsors want and it's literally lights out.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzebackhuntr View Post

I wish someone would take over the BFL's and Toyotas. That's really the only thing they have that's viable. They always get hung with the albatross of a wannabe Ray Scott's dream of putting BASS out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    I wish someone would take over the BFL's and Toyotas. That's really the only thing they have that's viable. They always get hung with the albatross of a wannabe Ray Scott's dream of putting BASS out of business.
    I feel like the bfl formula could be a complete self sustaining entity. Just have a championship like the all American and that’s where it ends every year. Most (I would venture to say a vast majority) fishing BFLs have no interest in being a touring professional so the fact you can “step up” is kind of moot. Especially because it’s basically if you can pay the bigger entry fees to fish Toyotas. It’s not really like you have to prove yourself before you can sign up lol.

Idk maybe having the pro tours saddled to the BFLs keeps them both afloat. I just think the bfl series by itself would be a decent business. Could be wrong tho as I don’t have much first hand knowledge on profitability of the series to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt651 View Post

Sounds like some of their press releases, trying to cover up what many believe to be various rule violations and biased rule enforcements, could be said to violate the same rules! If you're on Facebook, check out the MLF page and read the comments on their posts. There's a whole lot of their followers who are very unhappy with them.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Sounds like some of their press releases, trying to cover up what many believe to be various rule violations and biased rule enforcements, could be said to violate the same rules! If you're on Facebook, check out the MLF page and read the comments on their posts. There's a whole lot of their followers who are very unhappy with them.
    You are right about that. How many here would not moan and groan(at the least) if the winner of a local tournament failed the poly and walked away with their money? And when you bitched about it,,you are the one suspended, not the person that failed!!! How long do you think that circuit would last??

14. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    the fishing boat docks product line might have contributed to the suspension.
    Hahaha, I just fingered that out, Fishing Boat Docks. hilarious.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

15. Member
    You are right about that. How many here would not moan and groan(at the least) if the winner of a local tournament failed the poly and walked away with their money? And when you bitched about it,,you are the one suspended, not the person that failed!!! How long do you think that circuit would last??

1 season or less for sure.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkoutdoors View Post
    Does anyone have any evidence at all that Watson said FBD means anything other than Fish Boat Docks?
    Everyone else just assumes it's derogatory. How do those assumptions hold up in court? Seems to me that, in order to survive, Boyd would need to remove himself instead of taking on more responsibility.
    Not even the president could stop "Lets go Brandon", doubt FBD means anything different.

17. Member
    Ding!

18. Member
    I am shocked its made it to 11 pages.... Why are we so shocked??? This is right up BPT alley, literally something crazy happens EVERY YEAR with BPT. What shocks me even more is where are all the MLF support guys and the wheeler lovers? How many times has the failed polygraph statement been made and no one here to ask about "proof". We have all noticed smoke, but now the fire might be starting to catch traction. Remember, I have buddies in the MLF, and I fully understand if the organization fails, my friends might be out of a job. I would love to see MLF get their act together and to be a reputable organization. Issue is, there have been shady problems since day 1. Hard to run a good organized business when you allow some to cheat and some to get banned for apparel he is wearing. Kind of reminds of the birge situation where he did really bad on day 1, wanted to go practice and randomly they said he would be automatically forfeited from next tourney (or something along those lines, I cant remember all the details). All he was trying to do was make a business decision for his own personal goals on the season. Yet, you actually catch a cheater (sprague) and they allow him to fish the next event and he only lost out on his winnings. Oh and Cayuga was less than a year ago right? How many made the century club... cheating.... and MLF bragged about it and put an article front page on the website? Unfortunately, BPT won't be around too much longer with all the issues they keep having, the lack of consistency in how they treat their anglers. Seems to me Watson got a head start on the rest of the anglers fishing for a dying company.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DucksnBobs View Post
    I am shocked its made it to 11 pages.... Why are we so shocked??? This is right up BPT alley, literally something crazy happens EVERY YEAR with BPT. What shocks me even more is where are all the MLF support guys and the wheeler lovers? How many times has the failed polygraph statement been made and no one here to ask about "proof". We have all noticed smoke, but now the fire might be starting to catch traction. Remember, I have buddies in the MLF, and I fully understand if the organization fails, my friends might be out of a job. I would love to see MLF get their act together and to be a reputable organization. Issue is, there have been shady problems since day 1. Hard to run a good organized business when you allow some to cheat and some to get banned for apparel he is wearing. Kind of reminds of the birge situation where he did really bad on day 1, wanted to go practice and randomly they said he would be automatically forfeited from next tourney (or something along those lines, I cant remember all the details). All he was trying to do was make a business decision for his own personal goals on the season. Yet, you actually catch a cheater (sprague) and they allow him to fish the next event and he only lost out on his winnings. Oh and Cayuga was less than a year ago right? How many made the century club... cheating.... and MLF bragged about it and put an article front page on the website? Unfortunately, BPT won't be around too much longer with all the issues they keep having, the lack of consistency in how they treat their anglers. Seems to me Watson got a head start on the rest of the anglers fishing for a dying company.
    Its a lack of integrity, they are pretty consistent with that. Any trail that has acted like this has gone away. The only thing propping them up now is these guys dont have a lateral move to make to get out. Boyd is about to use the BFLs to fund these bigger trails so get ready for a payout and entry fee restructure. I expect the invitationals to be gone soon and the toyotas to take that spot.

Told the truth
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast