Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I have about 15 Duckett rods that I was going to sell but now I think I'm going to cut them up into pieces and mail them to Boyd's house.

2. Member
    Brianfk Figured that out all by yourself ( BRILLIANT )

Quote Originally Posted by onpoint View Post
    I have about 15 Duckett rods that I was going to sell but now I think I'm going to cut them up into pieces and mail them to Boyd's house.
    Just placing them on the market will be enough to drop the stock price of his company by at least 20%.

Hurt him where it counts.

I like James Watson and he is great for the industry. Great promoter for his sponsors and a better fisherman than he gets credit for. Met him at a Warriors for Freedom event a few years ago and was nice as he could be and very approachable and talking to everyone. He is an Army Veteran and took the time to drive to Eufaula Oklahoma to show his support and help promote the event. Would rather have James in my foxhole than Boyd Duckett any day of the week.

5. Member

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Gray View Post
    I find it amazing here that posters wish that MLF would fail? Really… does anyone even think about how many lives that affects? People feeding their families. James Watson drove this bus… knew what he was doing, signed right back up despite his grievances. Why don’t all of you show up to work next week with hat saying f%#k my boss and see how that goes down. Really shows the nature of these boards and the keyboard mentality.
    ya that’s always been my thought as well. I think BPT and Boyd are just a laughing stock who bring all the negative publicity on themselves but accept no responsibility for their actions, rather blame “haters” for their downfall. A little humility would go a long way for that organization.

It baffles me that people want them fail completely. The BFL and Toyotas are the grass roots for nearly all anglers. B.A.S.S. has nothing even close that could compete with them. If MLF failed, that would impact thousands of anglers across the nation.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgsalot View Post
    Spoke but said nothing. Got him a beef about Boyd, who cares, you got fined for running your mouth that's against company policy. Anyone that works for someone understands the "talent" can't go running around trashing upper management and not have severe consequences. Bottom line, ran mouth, got fined, so stepped up his mouth running and got suspended and cried cancel culture. Ok JW, I liked ya but dang man you seem to have played this all the wrong way. I hope all that construction company bragging is for real because you've blown your long term value for sponsors.
    He better enjoy the days of being a Bass Board Folk Hero and a guest on the Anti MLF Podcasts.

He better hope is marketing ploy of getting suspended and his video rants will sell a lot of those hats and T-Shirts before they end up in a third world country. Just like those preprinted shirts of the teams who lost the World Series, NFL Conference Championship Games, the Super Bowl and the NCAA National Championship game.

8. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

9. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    He is a quitter, that is good at marketing himself.

Disclaimer, I like hiim.

But nothing more currently than a drama queen

But, gets him clicks.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    I honestly hope MLF fails. I like the anglers, but I dislike the leadership so much I’m pulling against them.
    Agree 100%. I have a severe dislike for thr mlf. The bpt is a case study on the negative effects of peer pressure.
    Last edited by Blazers93; 03-29-2024 at 07:56 PM.

11. Member
    Send them to me, uncut. MLF ain’t going nowhere and will carry on like nothing happened. Move along.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    Technically he wasn't denouncing the company...

IMHO, MLF is starting to swirl. I don't have any inside knowledge, but when KVD announced his retirement (and didn't talk about future involvement with MLF) I felt there was more to it than met the eye.
    I felt the same and thought Cayuga was kinda the last straw absolutely nothing to back that up though.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pierce View Post
    I’ve been quiet on the Boyd Duckett and MLF controversy. We were the first sponsor of MLF and the slate was shifting daily then on a platform. As they started the Cup events, the Selects littered consumers understanding of how and the differences. Then they started BPT when several anglers had issues with statements and opinions of one key person at Bassmaster. Following that they purchased FLW as bankruptcy was looming on the tails of Irwin Jacob’s passing. The BFL events were the most positive thing in the FLW template.

And now Boyd is taking this one on the chin. The upper management, above Boyd, has likely restricted their involvement in MLF. Boyd assumed the role over MLF at a time this has obviously seen some economic change in their future. He is now tasked with resolving a budget situation that requires reducing costs. Prior to this he and Gary K. represented the angler faction, which provided those anglers for MLF as a joint entity. There were several other angler board members on that angler committee.

Now Boyd is tasked to oversee everything after a significant management shift. The event side was given to the FLW side in Gilbertsville, as the event and office staff in Tulsa were significantly reduced in 2023. Many of our friends who started with MLF and Winnercom are now unemployed in that shift. Costs of the Tackle Warehouse Tour and other similar events are not cash positive events.

Obviously Boyd has has some contentious developments as an angler that some people have strong opinions of. Though these recent moves are being made to make MLF sustaining and fund themselves. Bassmaster is the only long term sustaining tournament circuit, and even with their ups and downs, they have managed to exist even with ESPN over funding the structure during their ownership. It took those after ESPN a many years to function properly. There has never been another long term professional level bass fishing event structure succeed. And there have been many in the USA attempt that, just like Indy cars, NASCAR, Pro Golf and football. The Rock may finally have something working now on football however.

Yes, Bass Champs, Fishers of Men, AC Tournaments, ABA (2) and others exist at varying amateur levels. All others are constantly evolving or striving to succeed and only through decades is that success to be secured. Which means with MLF constantly having to reorganize their structure and how they function.

Boyd has his hands full and I recognize that.

Rick
    I know, you know and the anglers know that BD made a big mess and that is why his hands are full. Most of us know that he will not be able to clean up the mess. Other than upper management punishing his sorry butt by making him try to clean it up - keeping him on board is not helping. He has way too many character flaws for a public facing role in a consumer industry.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    I heard he got called on the carpet about #FBD. He maintained that it stood for Fishing Boat Docks though. He will sell a heck of a lot of hats now I bet. Heard people were wearing them at the Classic.

🤣😂 Thats hilarious
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebw View Post
    I always find it interesting.

Through the last 20 plus years, a lot of pro’s wanted to leave BASS.

There has to be something about that.

Always trying to leave and start a new trail .

Wonder why ?
    Because they thought BASS was rolling in their dough and keeping way too much. Turns out they were wrong.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    ya that’s always been my thought as well. I think BPT and Boyd are just a laughing stock who bring all the negative publicity on themselves but accept no responsibility for their actions, rather blame “haters” for their downfall. A little humility would go a long way for that organization.

It baffles me that people want them fail completely. The BFL and Toyotas are the grass roots for nearly all anglers. B.A.S.S. has nothing even close that could compete with them. If MLF failed, that would impact thousands of anglers across the nation.
    Would not hurt my feelings a bit if they went under. As far as Toyotas and BFL there payouts are the absolute worst. Hell I make more money fishing Team tournaments right here.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by MJL View Post
    Also not true. Watson is a full time professional fisherman.
    I guess some of y’all don’t realize that Watson is mega wealthy from real estate so fishing is kind of a hobby. He’s building a huge mansion on Table Rock

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I guess some of y’all don’t realize that Watson is mega wealthy from real estate so fishing is kind of a hobby. He’s building a huge mansion on Table Rock

Right next door to his current mansion.

19. Member
    I was under the impression that the new mansion is going to be more like venue that will generate more income for him.

20. Member
    All the ones I ever had broke, didn't need to cut them up.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast