St. Mary's/Steel Bridge questions

Hi all,

Buddy wants me to drag the boat up to his neck-o-the-woods and fish the St. Mary river, launching from the Steel Bridge Road launch.

Any idea on water depths there?
    I've read it's a stained river... is there any action in that area?

Thanks!
    2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

Florida Carry Region 3 Representative - oh, and KISS rules!

I personally think its a not so good bass fishery. That being said you can fish the main river with a Florida license but if you go up creek channels on the GA side you need to have a GA license.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Deep!! One of the deepest river for its width. Its tidal so fish last two hours of falling water and first hour of rising. Fishing can be challenging. It’s tannic acid black in color but very clean. Creek mouths are some good areas to start. I live in Kingsland and fish the St. Mary’s three too four times a month. Pretty safe to run just watch for floating logs.

4. Member
    Thanks, guys. Appreciate the info.
    2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

absolutely shitty Ramp.

Tried to take my daughter there a few years ago.

At her age she would’ve been no help launching the boat.

No dock, nothing but rocks on the bank so couldn’t beach the boat.
    ended up going to Lofton Creek instead.

Not the greatest fishery but good Ramp.

There is another Ramp a little further up to St. Mary’s that is significantly better. Unfortunately I do not know the location I think it’s on the Georgia side,
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    absolutely shitty Ramp.
    Couldn’t tell from the picture online. Planned to ride the bike up tomorrow and take a look.

Appreciate the heads-up.

7. Member
    The best ramp for the mighty St Marys River is the Browntown Ramp located upon river from the 17 ramp plus the ramp is a challenge for a bigger bass boat to launch. The fishing is challenging to say the least 176mag can give you the best advice if you insist on fishing it.
    Bass Boat