Are y'all about fed up.....

..... with one cold front after another?? Let it go!!! I'm ready for 70's and high 60's water temps! We've been catching them pretty good down here on the South end, White Oak mostly for me but Columbia has been good too. Been catching all of them on my hand poured soft plastic jerkbaits fishing grass and pads. Have also caught a few bringing over beds. Caught a 5-1 last weekend that way. She boiled on it 3 times Saturday. Snuck back up on her Sunday after church and she smoked it first cast!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLg...p5PdhSA9Dw9cRA

02 Triton TR 18
    02 Evinrude 150
    Garmin Striker Plus 9SV

2. Member
    70° about 2 weeks ago and yesterday water temp was 58° and muddy.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12 View Post
    ..... with one cold front after another?? Let it go!!! I'm ready for 70's and high 60's water temps! We've been catching them pretty good down here on the South end, White Oak mostly for me but Columbia has been good too. Been catching all of them on my hand poured soft plastic jerkbaits fishing grass and pads. Have also caught a few bringing over beds. Caught a 5-1 last weekend that way. She boiled on it 3 times Saturday. Snuck back up on her Sunday after church and she smoked it first cast!

Lower or Upper? My family has a lake house on the lower right by Starnes Landing. I haven't been there since I moved up here. I fished Columbia when I was in college at SAU and she holds some monsters. I was at Greeson a couple weeks ago catching crappie but they shut down once the weather got colder.

4. #FRB
    I've been doing OK on Maumelle. Dink fest mostly but still a steady bite. It is frustrating when people aren't respectful to other boaters and they wonder why they're getting yelled at after they nearly run you over being a GPS pirate. Cut between me and the bank on purpose with the big motor instead of going around the other direction where he literally had 3-4 miles of lake to use. Was an older Tracker with an older Yamaha on it. They know EXACTLY what I think they are at this point...
    Last edited by Highcentered; 03-28-2024 at 10:03 PM.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I've been doing OK on Maumelle. Dink fest mostly but still a steady bite. It is frustrating when people aren't respectful to other boaters and they wonder why they're getting yelled at after they nearly run you over being a GPS pirate. Cut between me and the bank on purpose with the big motor instead of going around the other direction where he literally had 3-4 miles of lake to use. Was an older Tracker with an older Yamaha on it. They know EXACTLY what I think they are at this point...
    I’ve had that happen on Quachita. I was close to a launch site in a creek but dang!!!! Did it ever piss me off.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

6. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apdriver View Post
    I’ve had that happen on Quachita. I was close to a launch site in a creek but dang!!!! Did it ever piss me off.

It's mind over matter, they don't mind and you don't matter.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

7. Member
    some people

8. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkyarcher View Post
    It's mind over matter, they don't mind and you don't matter.
    Luckily my "give a damn" has gotten more tolerant with age but one of these days the boating/fishing dumbasses are going to run into the wrong hothead. It's the ones that go out of their way to be an antagonist on the water that pisses me off. I would have been less pissed if it would have been game and fish coming in on me like that. Then again, I hold myself to ridiculously high standards. I treat others like I want to be treated while out on the water.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

9. Scraps
    Patience my son. I'm hoping things slow down up here in the northeast - until I kin git out!
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Lower or Upper? My family has a lake house on the lower right by Starnes Landing. I haven't been there since I moved up here. I fished Columbia when I was in college at SAU and she holds some monsters. I was at Greeson a couple weeks ago catching crappie but they shut down once the weather got colder.

Mostly Upper for me this time of the year. It has a lot more grass and pads, and just sets up better for the way I like to fish. There was a 12-13 shocked up on the Upper last week as well. Fished my first derby of the year this past Saturday up there. It was a tough day. We had 1 fish at 11am. The sun came out and things picked up a little. Managed a 4-7 and 4-0. Missed a $1000 paycheck by an ounce.....

02 Triton TR 18
    02 Evinrude 150
    Garmin Striker Plus 9SV

It's the wind that's been driving me crazy more than anything. Had a good trip on Beaver for smallmouth a week and a half ago. Here's a couple my fishing buddy caught:

March271.jpg

March273.jpg

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    It's the wind that's been driving me crazy more than anything. Had a good trip on Beaver for smallmouth a week and a half ago. Here's a couple my fishing buddy caught:

Wind has been crazy nearly every day...

Quote Originally Posted by wildkat7 View Post
    Wind has been crazy nearly every day...
    Fished a local community lake today, east wind was whipping. I caught some fish but it was a pain fishing in that wind.

14. #FRB
    Gonna be on Maumelle Thursday with NW wind 15-20. Nothing I can't handle now that I got the boat dialed in with the right prop and setback but I bet I stay on the north side of the lake all day. I prefer a South wind on that lake but have to work with the hand I've been dealt on my days off.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

15. #FRB
    GEEZ it was a WET ride on Maumelle going from Northshore back to the ramp. Swells were about as bad as I've ever seen them today and I knew it was gonna be bad. Decided it wasn't worth beating me and my equipment up to keep fishing and my pair of 60ah lithiums were down to 38% and dropping fast anyway. Damn cross wind! Even though it was a dink fest 12ish bass is 12ish bass in about 5 hours so I ain't mad at that considering the conditions. Couldn't fish where I wanted to for obvious reasons. I was able to work with the wind before it went from northwest to due west. I wasted a golden opportunity yesterday by not going and just having the rain suit ready for a few minutes here and there. Didn't rain much here around Pinnacle and I bet they were chewing good.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12 View Post
    Mostly Upper for me this time of the year. It has a lot more grass and pads, and just sets up better for the way I like to fish. There was a 12-13 shocked up on the Upper last week as well. Fished my first derby of the year this past Saturday up there. It was a tough day. We had 1 fish at 11am. The sun came out and things picked up a little. Managed a 4-7 and 4-0. Missed a $1000 paycheck by an ounce.....

My Dad's side of the family had a place at Brown's Point but sold it once all the men died, Mom and her brother kept my Grandpaw's place at Starnes Landing it's the brown trailer directly in front of the fire department. I've got a lot of friends that still live there and fish that I'm sure you know. Born and raised in Camden, graduated 2003, went to Magnolia for college, moved up here in 2012 but unfortunately have not been back many times but my Mom still lives on Hwy 24 past Y-Mart.

17. Member
    After Saturday's BFL at Degray, I'm more than fed up!!! I never complain about the heat during the summer.....but I will moan and groan about the cold. I'm more that over it.