Question Humminbird 360 Imaging weird lines

Can someone tell me why I’m getting these weird lines on my M360? I’m referring to the several black lines that you can see. I have it about 1 to 1 1/2 inches above the ultrex propellor. I just thought I’d mention it just in case it’s from that. In videos of the M360 in action, I’ve never seen that. This is a new install. Please see images below. Thank you!

IMG_0813.jpeg

IMG_0812.jpeg
    Last edited by csilvey24; 03-27-2024 at 11:34 PM.
    2021 Nitro Z17 Pro XS CT 115hp
    Bow Displays
    : HDS Live & Humminbird Helix mounted to the BBT mount and gimbals
    Trolling Motor & Accessories: Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot w/ built in Down & Side Imaging transducer, Mega 360 Imaging, & Active Target 2 (AT2)
    Console Displays: HDS Live w/ the 3-in-1 transducer
    Mapping: LakeMaster VX & Navionics

2. Member
    To me it looks like it is picking up something on the boat, out board lower unit, trim tabs ,power poles?

The lines are prop shadows.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Thanks Wayne!

So to confirm, the prop from the trolling motor right? That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Is yours within 1 1/2" as well to your prop? I wonder if I bring it up another inch if that would fix that?

@stosiak,

The outboard was raised, no power poles, and just like you can see in my pictures and even Waynes above, it tends to shift to different angles. I'm thinking it has something to do with the trolling motor prop. I also have the sonar precision stabilizer on my M360.
    Last edited by csilvey24; 03-28-2024 at 11:51 AM.
    Bow Displays
    Trolling Motor & Accessories: Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot w/ built in Down & Side Imaging transducer, Mega 360 Imaging, & Active Target 2 (AT2)

Quote Originally Posted by csilvey24 View Post
    Thanks Wayne!

So to confirm, the prop from the trolling motor right? That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Is yours within 1 1/2" as well to your prop? I wonder if bring it up another inch if that would fix that?

@stosiak,

The outboard was raised, no power poles, and just like you can see in my pictures and even Waynes above, it tends to shift to different angles. I'm thinking it has something to do with the trolling motor prop. I also have the sonar precision stabilizer on my M360.

Trolling motor prop and it does it when the prop is perpendicular to the 360 transducer. The prop blades block the sonar pulses as the prop rotates. It happens at slow prop speeds. That changes as you or SpotLock turns the motor and also the body of the motor blocks the sonar pulses which creates the wider black area. The direction the motor is pointed affect the width of the blockage.

No you can't fix that unless you can have the MEGA 360 lower than the trolling motor.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Trolling motor prop and it does it when the prop is perpendicular to the 360 transducer. The prop blades block the sonar pulses as the prop rotates. It happens at slow prop speeds. That changes as you or SpotLock turns the motor and also the body of the motor blocks the sonar pulses which creates the wider black area. The direction the motor is pointed affect the width of the blockage.

No you can't fix that unless you can have the MEGA 360 lower than the trolling motor.
    Thank you Wayne!
    Bow Displays

8. Member
    Thanks Wayne, Mine has always had those lines and I started noticing it on other images that people would have of their M360 but asking about other things. So, I figured it was just an inherited trait and didn't worry about it. But it is nice to know now what it is.

9. Member
    I’m glad I came across this thread. I was able to get out this weekend for the first time this spring and my 360 looks terrible. I have lines covering all 360 degrees. Both days I was out it seemed to get better as the day went on but it certainly wasn’t like that last year. That wouldn’t be prop shadows would it? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Clark.aney View Post
    I’m glad I came across this thread. I was able to get out this weekend for the first time this spring and my 360 looks terrible. I have lines covering all 360 degrees. Both days I was out it seemed to get better as the day went on but it certainly wasn’t like that last year. That wouldn’t be prop shadows would it? TIA
    No you have the wagon wheel effect.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL