Thread: What happened?

What happened?

I took a fairly long hiatus from BBC, but the bling forum was once one of my favorites. Seems as though the “bling” forum has died. Is no one adding bling or has the price of boats put a stop to it? Maybe the current state of the economy? I’m simply curious.

2. Member
    Same here, used to love all the modifications, led installs etc. It just went away for some reason.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Everyone is now putting 6 graphs and Livescope on their boats.....no more time and money for the bling....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Everyone is now putting 6 graphs and Livescope on their boats.....no more time and money for the bling....
    Humor aside, you're probably 100% correct.

I miss it too

6. Member
    Nothing but repairs for me; I haven't had time or budget to bling out my boat and trailer.
    1985 Skeeter SF-175 & 1985 Evinrude 150 XP (with VRO removed)

7. Member
    I'm with you guys. I enjoy seeing what others do to their boat and trailers. I also like to watch the Boat Restoration forum. I like watching someone take an 80's or 90's rig and make it look new. I just wish I had some of their talent.

Seems like the Bling is gone everywhere. Boats and trucks seem to have went the delete way. Less is More.... I do think the post above makes sense. The money has to go to the graphs and repairs lol

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yandeltx View Post
    I'm with you guys. I enjoy seeing what others do to their boat and trailers. I also like to watch the Boat Restoration forum. I like watching someone take an 80's or 90's rig and make it look new. I just wish I had some of their talent.
    If it makes you feel any better, I did have my kids help me rub Leprechaun Magic onto my '85 Skeeter yesterday afternoon since I didn't have time for a full wash and wax.
    1985 Skeeter SF-175 & 1985 Evinrude 150 XP (with VRO removed)