The Accurate Date of the Crucifixion

When was Jesus crucified....this guy using the Bible and various sources narrows it down to the exact date. It's a 30 minute podcast or you can read it. Doesn't matter if your Catholic or Protestant....well worth the time to listen to it.

For those that want an answer without listening or reading........April 3rd, 33 A.D. sometime around 3 p.m.

https://www.catholic.com/audio/caf/t...he-crucifixion
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

2. Member
    That was a great read, thanks for sharing!!! A lot of “threes” - very Trinitarian! I always find this kind of thing interesting but (and maybe I’m in the minority - I don’t know) it just doesn’t impact my faith. I find it interesting, but almost trivial - does it matter when? The fact is, Christ died and was raised from the dead and in so doing He redeemed all who trust in Him!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinFamily View Post
    ...................maybe I’m in the minority - I don’t know) it just doesn’t impact my faith. I find it interesting, but almost trivial - does it matter when? The fact is, Christ died and was raised from the dead and in so doing He redeemed all who trust in Him!!
    I believe that you summed it up in the above, and April 3 is my daughter's birthday, so I would rather think of that day as the birth of of our salvation by my Lord's blood on the cross.

BTW, I didn't see anything in the dialog, but does this guy have a date for when the end of the world is coming?
    Last edited by digthemup; 03-28-2024 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    I believe that you summed it up in the above, and April 3 is my daughter's birthday, so I would rather think of that day as the birth of of our salvation by my Lord's blood on the cross.

BTW, I didn't see anything in the dialog, but does this guy have a date for when the end of the world is coming?
    Must of been over your head....

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    Must of been over your head....
    I can tell you that he has the year about correct, since Christ was about 33 when He died, if we go by Anno Domini, a Latin phrase meaning "in the year of the Lord", which is used when referring to a year after Jesus Christ was born.

Frank....if you read or listened to the article you would know it was either (the year)....was either 30 or 33. Using the process of elimination, they narrowed it down. Too many substantial correct clues lead to that assumption.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post

I think it’s a big leap from researching historical events to prophesying about future ones!! We know it is coming, like a thief in the night. We know not the hour.

8. Member
    Even the angels in Heaven do not know the time of the Second Coming of Jesus.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support