Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    For the ones not familiar with Bryan New.

https://www.bassmaster.com/angler/bryan-new/
    Isn’t he the same guy that spiked a 5 pounder like a football on the St. John river a couple years ago in an elite series event? Live on camera? Please someone correct me if I’m wrong.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon crowder View Post
    Isn’t he the same guy that spiked a 5 pounder like a football on the St. John river a couple years ago in an elite series event? Live on camera? Please someone correct me if I’m wrong.
    That’s him. I don’t care for him at all but after having watched it several times it should be clear to anyone watching who is objective that the incident you’re referring to was an accident. He got caught in the heat of the moment with what turned out to be the winning fish in his very first elite series event and f’d up in that moment.

3. Member
    Seems kind of sketchy to me for a dq

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/zSz...ibextid=ox5AEW

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    Seems kind of sketchy to me for a dq

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/zSz...ibextid=ox5AEW
    Agreed
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

5. Member
    I think it’s interesting, because he quotes the rules “each competitor agrees to report to the tournament Director immediately any violation or infraction of any tournament rules” then he complains that the angler he was found to interfered with, didn’t report it. Someone else did. if what he quoted from the rules is exactly, correct then it doesn’t say the angler you interfere with Hass to report it. It says each competitor.

he then goes on to say that yes he did actually try to use his trolling motor to “ make it harder for the next guy to catch it“

I just say this is a lesson learned and he goes on to complain about the appeals process and what difference does it make? You’re admitting you’re guilty there is no appeal when you admit you’re guilty.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    I think it’s interesting, because he quotes the rules “each competitor agrees to report to the tournament Director immediately any violation or infraction of any tournament rules” then he complains that the angler he was found to interfered with, didn’t report it. Someone else did. if what he quoted from the rules is exactly, correct then it doesn’t say the angler you interfere with Hass to report it. It says each competitor.

he then goes on to say that yes he did actually try to use his trolling motor to “ make it harder for the next guy to catch it“

I just say this is a lesson learned and he goes on to complain about the appeals process and what difference does it make? You’re admitting you’re guilty there is no appeal when you admit you’re guilty.
    Guessing most pro anglers aren't turning down lucrative careers practicing law to go fish the elites (besides Ed Loughrin)

Gut instinct, he was acting like an ass and it was so bad Upshaw felt the need to report it. Calling out Upshaw is kind of petty, he did the right thing imo. All he is doing by naming Upshaw is trying to make him look bad / send some of his fans after him.

Side note, I may be influenced by already not really liking new because he is a top tier livescope whiner
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Guessing most pro anglers aren't turning down lucrative careers practicing law to go fish the elites (besides Ed Loughrin)

Gut instinct, he was acting like an ass and it was so bad Upshaw felt the need to report it. Calling out Upshaw is kind of petty, he did the right thing imo. All he is doing by naming Upshaw is trying to make him look bad / send some of his fans after him.

Side note, I may be influenced by already not really liking new because he is a top tier livescope whiner

Anglers are REQUIRED to report any possible rules violations that they might see regardless if they are personally involved or not. That info came directly from a current BASS angler.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Anglers are REQUIRED to report any possible rules violations that they might see regardless if they are personally involved or not. That info came directly from a current BASS angler.
    100%. Upshaw did the right thing, or he would risk a DQ himself.

Calling him out by name in the facebook post is BS

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    This brings up another question. Since the other angler DIDN'T report the violation, should he be penalized?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    100%. Upshaw did the right thing, or he would risk a DQ himself.

Calling him out by name in the facebook post is BS
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

11. Member
    just seems to me that blowing a fish off a bed with your TM isn't specifically against the rules...just seems like a giant grey area to me but I guess the 3 person panel felt differently....

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    This brings up another question. Since the other angler DIDN'T report the violation, should he be penalized?
    hmmmm. Now it is getting fun.

13. Member
    Seems like a huge grey area. If you’re bed fishing you’re usually close to bank. When you decide it’s not biting how you supposed to move boat without using trolling motor and usually moving away from bank. Seems odd.. IDK wasn’t there just what I’m reading.

He should have just snagged the fish using FFS. It’s 300% legal.

15. Member
    Good point.
    Hi Mike.

16. Member
    there is 3 sides to a story and the truth is somewhere in the middle

17. Member
    Very chicken shit for him to call out upshaw like that.

I don't think he's gonna make any fans with that apology.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Looks like he has plenty of apologist fanboy lakeside lawyers kissing his backside.

It appears according to them doing that to a bedding fish in a tournament is commonplace and acceptable behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    Very chicken shit for him to call out upshaw like that.

I don't think he's gonna make any fans with that apology.
    What fans
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    just seems to me that blowing a fish off a bed with your TM isn't specifically against the rules...just seems like a giant grey area to me but I guess the 3 person panel felt differently....
    Im guessing whatever happened was very blatant. Upshaw doesn’t seem like the type to report a nothing incident.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast