Lithium Starting Battery?

Looking at getting a lithium starting battery for my 225 opti. Going to have 3 126sv's on it as well. Whats everyone been having luck with? Thanks

2. Member
    I bought one for my 250 proXS two stroke after the ionic salesman (lithiumhub.com) assured me that mercury approved them for their motors. Well he was wrong (Mercury has only approved them for use with 4 strokes), and I had electrical issues directly related to the battery the first time out with it. I was in FL at the time and ended up buying a new X2 at battery plus to get me through my tournament after the local mercury dealer got me working again (I went dead in the water while running the Kissimmee Canal after touching the trim switch - the battery's BMS shut the battery down). I now have a ionic starting battery I used on the water 3 times sitting in the garage. Don't do it, and don't trust the salesman without verifying yourself. Anyone want to buy an ionic starting battery?
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

3. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    Been using the ionic 125ah battery for 3 years on a 250xs and a 300xs 2 strokes. Have ran several combos, largest was 4 graphs. 1 Garmin 1222, 2 helix 12s, 1 Solix 15, black box ect..
    Can fish 10-12 hours with minimal driving and have plenty left.

In the Eyra I’m only running 1 Garmin 1222 and black box solix 12 and a solix 15. Have no issues.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Check out our 12v-105ah, it would be a good fit

BBC 15% off discount with code BBC15

Glad to help if you have any questions

5. Member
    I agree with Collin. I ran the Ionic 125 on my 250ProXS 2s with no issue. Did a repower to Merc 250proXs 4s and no issues also. I’m running two Garmin 106s and two Garmin 126s with livescope.

liking my 125 AH Ionic cranking my pro XS 2 stroke (200HP) but the Impulse is a great battery too I hear
    Last edited by basshole51; 04-01-2024 at 03:09 PM.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

7. Member
    I run an Ionic 125 cranking on my 250 ProXS 2banger. The only issue I have is on cold starts in the morning. It'll drag a little and if it's really cold, it struggled to start. I bought their jump start box that stays connected to the battery. On cold morning, I open the app and turn the jump box on, start the motor, and turn it off. Works very well on them cold mornings.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

Quote Originally Posted by rlb8s View Post
    I bought one for my 250 proXS two stroke after the ionic salesman (lithiumhub.com) assured me that mercury approved them for their motors. Well he was wrong (Mercury has only approved them for use with 4 strokes), and I had electrical issues directly related to the battery the first time out with it. I was in FL at the time and ended up buying a new X2 at battery plus to get me through my tournament after the local mercury dealer got me working again (I went dead in the water while running the Kissimmee Canal after touching the trim switch - the battery's BMS shut the battery down). I now have a ionic starting battery I used on the water 3 times sitting in the garage. Don't do it, and don't trust the salesman without verifying yourself. Anyone want to buy an ionic starting battery?
    I am not saying the battery didn't cause it, because that was your experience, not mine.

I ran an Ionic 125 / Optimax ProXS 250 for two+ years with in an 4x 12 graphs, Active Target & Live Scope without an issue. Would still have 40-60% charge left at the EOD.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

9. Member
    My Ionic is at 99% at the end of the day now that I got my fusible link replaced. Those things must charge really fast, as I do not have long runs on my local lakes. I seriously doubt I will even need my on board charger for it ever again.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

10. Member
    I currently have Pro Guide batteries, and I've been very happy with them. Customer service is outstanding also.

Matt Looney was with Pro Guide (and is still over the Pro Team I think?), but now he is in a role with Bass Cat. I have tremendous faith in the batteries and the company.
    2023 Puma STS

Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    I currently have Pro Guide batteries, and I've been very happy with them. Customer service is outstanding also.

Matt Looney was with Pro Guide (and is still over the Pro Team I think?), but now he is in a role with Bass Cat. I have tremendous faith in the batteries and the company.

Me too, so far they are great.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

12. Member
    Nick at Pro Guide has helped me a bunch. I really like the customer service at ProGuide.

Corky