Thread: Pug’s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pug’s

We have had rescue Great Danes for 14 years. Decided last fall to adopt a baby pug. Well, he runs the household!! Who else has one of these little wonders?

I've always wanted one. They are neat looking little dogs.

3. Scraps
    My gal had one. Same deal. The breathing issues.
    Last edited by krindgen; 03-28-2024 at 06:48 AM.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    One of my good friends had 5 growing up. They are decent family dogs, the loud snorting takes some time to get used to. But man they were yappy little things like most small dogs
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    I went from larger dogs to Min-pins about 20 years ago. I don't hunt, and I don't want a dog for protection so I'm very happy with a smaller dog. I'm sure you are too. Of course, they don't sleep with me. NOT!!! LOL

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Mt gal had one. Same deal. The breathing issues.
    Cool little dogs I guess, but the breathing issues always scared us away as well.

7. Member
    I have the Great Dane still. The pug keeps him on the go!!

I’ve had two. Our oldest one passed away last year at the age of 14. Best dog I’ve ever had. We have another puppy now, he is hilarious and my kids think he hung the moon. They are constant comedic relief

9. Member
    Great little dogs but seem to suffer in the heat/humidity of Florida- all I have known were sharp little dogs!
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

10. Member
    My Dad had one. Great companion dog. He took every step along side my dad. He really was a comfort to my dad when he was dealing with cancer.

11. Member
    Had one for almost 14 years. She was the perfect lap dog.

12. Member
    Had two with my ex-wife. Loved them but they both had breathing/health issues. They wanted nothing more than to be lap dogs
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

My sister had two Pugs in the past and currently has a Pug puppy. One of her old dogs ran off a bear at our cabin. When my sister docked her boat, she didn’t see the bear up by the cabin. But, her dog saw it and jumped on the dock and ran up to the bear barking and growling. The bear stood on its hind legs and roared at the dog. The dog didn’t back down and the bear ran off. I told my sister that the bear had never seen anything that ugly so it ran off.

I also told her that if I had a dog that ugly, I’d shave it’s ass and make it walk backwards!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

14. Member
    Don't they have a lot of health issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Don't they have a lot of health issues?
    They can. Not as many as some flat faced breeds. Longer life span generally than English and French bulldogs. You can get their nose “lasered” for very cheap by a vet and it helps them with snoring and loud grunting. Most don’t need it tho

16. Member
    We chose the laser to open his nose up. It appears that after the increase air intake that he can run faster. He can torment the Great Dane and our older two cats at a increased frenzied pace. I can honestly say, that he has brought a lot of joy to our house!!! Maybe not so much for the cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrythedane View Post
    We chose the laser to open his nose up. It appears that after the increase air intake that he can run faster. He can torment the Great Dane and our older two cats at an increased frenzied pace. I can honestly say, that he has brought a lot of joy to our house!!! Maybe not so much for the cats.
    They are hilarious little animals. They give you the pug “head tilt” much? That cracks me up

18. Member
    With the breathing problems they and others like them seem to have it almost seems cruel to breed them.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    With the breathing problems they and others like them seem to have it almost seems cruel to breed them.
    Oh lord

20. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpDonkey View Post
    Cool little dogs I guess, but the breathing issues always scared us away as well.
    They are, sweet and affectionate. Also,common is loss of the hind legs. This one was had the wheel rig for her last six months.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast