Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't forget lake Trafford. It's in your backyard.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

2. Member
    The lakes in the Kennedy system are allowed to be on plane, the canals are idle/no wake. There are good fish in there but most tournaments in there are won with 7-10 lbs. The lake south of Trafalgar is shallow.

There are a ton of gravel ramps into the canals throughout the city. I enjoy fishing them but some of them are tough to get a big bass boat into sometimes. The Cape Coral bass club is large and active and they regularly fish tournaments in the canals and also lakes around the area.

3. Member
    I would need a multi purpose/ center console style boat with all that good saltwater fishing. Or better yet several boats, including a Air boat.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    I would need a multi purpose/ center console style boat with all that good saltwater fishing. Or better yet several boats, including a Air boat.

I know - my wife is already pushing me to sell the ol Triton and get a center console for the gulf...........
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trifish View Post
    The lakes in the Kennedy system are allowed to be on plane, the canals are idle/no wake. There are good fish in there but most tournaments in there are won with 7-10 lbs. The lake south of Trafalgar is shallow.

There are a ton of gravel ramps into the canals throughout the city. I enjoy fishing them but some of them are tough to get a big bass boat into sometimes. The Cape Coral bass club is large and active and they regularly fish tournaments in the canals and also lakes around the area.

Yes - I've noticed the bass aren't real big in this canal/lake system.......but still having fun. I've only got a single axle trailer - so I can maneuver around pretty well. I thought about joining that club - but I play baseball on Sundays - the wife wouldn't like be being gone every weekend.

Or would she??
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

6. Member
    Go hit the Golden Gate canal system in Naples and take some shiners and catch some peacock bass!!!

Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCASTER! View Post
    I know - my wife is already pushing me to sell the ol Triton and get a center console for the gulf...........
    I spent a week down there last July and will be down again in mid May. Caught a ton of speckled trout and some mangrove snapper. Both are delicious and pretty easy to catch. I have a better boat lined up this time so I hope I will be able to target some reds. The inshore area is awesome and I love being able to take to boat to restaurants and bars. We were limited to staying within 3 miles of the shore so we couldn't really get out and hit any reefs but we did mange to get the one right off Sanibel and caught a few small snapper. Only thing that would keep me from moving is I'd have to spend abut $2M to have what I have now and be on a canal which would be the whole reason for living there for me.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

9. Member
    You really should consider getting a skiff. A Beavertail Strike or Mosquito are the perfect boat for the area for people who want to bass fish and also hit inshore stuff and relatively speaking can be bought reasonably. Also, a hidden gem is the Caloosahatchee River. Put in at the Franklin Lock or in Alva. There's a lot of fun fishing around there.

10. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I’d love to move somewhere like this one day. Went to Arizona this past week for kids spring break and traveling to another state is always such an eye opener to what a dump Alabama is.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

I voted for Desantis to keep this trash out of my state!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by enforcer410 View Post
    Mauler....is that you??!?!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    Mauler....is that you??!?!!
    He picked the right time to relocate after Manatee was banned.

14. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    it's alive.jpg

I wondered where you were Scott.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by enforcer410 View Post
    Where you located?? About time I put a foot to the azz........errr......I mean a face to the name!!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CGWright View Post
    it's alive.jpg

I wondered where you were Scott.
    Been in the same dark hole for years......finally clawed my way out.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12