Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Caymas CX20 vs Falcon F20 Predator

Anyone have any experience with both of these boats? There are things that I like about both. Based on the factory tour videos, it looks like Caymas puts together a better hull. Tell me what you like and don't like. This is a decision that I will be living with for the next 10 years.

2. Member
    Rode in both looked at both...own a F205 Falcon and love it. I will say this I don't think you will go wrong either way. I will also say I dont work on my falcon much at all. Fit and workmanship is top notch. I also very much love the room in the battery compartment of the falcon. Its well thought out.

3. Member
    I've never ridden in either, but crawled all over, and in, each at boat shows and such. I think the Caymas is a half notch above the Falcon with build quality.
    On a 1-10 scale, I rate the Falcon a 7.5, and a Caymas an 8.

4. Member
    I had a Falcon Predator and absolutely loved it. Great rough water ride, fast enough for most, great people at the factory. I test dove the CX20 and it too was a very nice boat. The width of the front deck and rough water ride combined with my preference for the aesthetic appeal of the Predator is what motivated me to buy one.

5. Member
    I owned an F205, I wont own another Falcon. Ride is great so is performance the boat just had so many issues it drove me nuts. Do your research like you are doing now, read the warranties front to back and make sure you understand what is covered and for how long.

6. Member
    Here's one thing that is on my mind. I watched the plant tour videos at both production facilities. My professional background is work place safety. I didn't see anyone at the Falcon plant wearing safety glasses and only a few were wearing respiratory protection. I saw a few other OSHA violations in the Falcon videos. At the Caymas plant it looked like 100% compliance. So the question arises, if a company is slacking on safety and enforcing safety regulations, what else are they cutting corners on? I wish I had to time to go personally tour both plants and see things first hand.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basssj View Post
    Here's one thing that is on my mind. I watched the plant tour videos at both production facilities. My professional background is work place safety. I didn't see anyone at the Falcon plant wearing safety glasses and only a few were wearing respiratory protection. I saw a few other OSHA violations in the Falcon videos. At the Caymas plant it looked like 100% compliance. So the question arises, if a company is slacking on safety and enforcing safety regulations, what else are they cutting corners on? I wish I had to time to go personally tour both plants and see things first hand.
    Walk in either plant unannounced, and get back with us.

8. Member
    Tough, both are nice boats.

I think the Falcon is a touch down from Caymas in build quality. However, I also think they are priced this way too. I like some of Falcon's innovation. Caymas is pretty simple. My choice would come down to dealer support for either or. Who is closest and who is best.

Get out on the water in both, usually that makes the choice clear for an individual. Should be able to pick up a great deal on a Caymas right now. I think Falcon naturally is priced well too.

9. Member
    I don't have a ton of experience with either, but man Caymas makes a fantastic looking boat imo. Between the two I'd go caymas all day.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10. Member
    Is Caymas the boat company owned by Earl Bentz that started Stratos and Triton?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Is Caymas the boat company owned by Earl Bentz that started Stratos and Triton?
    yes and yes and javelin and 1-2 others
    Last edited by mactlman; 03-27-2024 at 06:06 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    I owned an F205, I wont own another Falcon. Ride is great so is performance the boat just had so many issues it drove me nuts. Do your research like you are doing now, read the warranties front to back and make sure you understand what is covered and for how long.
    Curious, what issues did you have with the Falcon?

My son also owns a F205, hasn’t had a bit of trouble.

13. Member
    I'm sure they are both fine boats, so I would go with the one that offers the best local dealer support. One other observation - Falcon is a smaller company started by the people that owned BumbleBee bass boats and Caymas is a much larger company started by Earl Bentz who started and ran other big brands like Stratos and Triton before selling them. I would be curious about the long-term ownership and direction of both companies as it could affect customer service etc.

14. Member
    Of the two you mentioned I’d go Caymas. Don’t sleep on the Triton 20 and 21 XP’s though. They are great.

15. Member
    Also inquire on who the guys are who are building Falcons. They are no rookies to the boat business. They have had their hands in several brands from the past. Some mentioned above.
    I have a Triton so no real bias other than I live not too far from Falcon plant. I have been inside. It is clean as can be. They are on top of their game. And yes, you can show up unannounced and get a tour 4 out of 5 times.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    Also inquire on who the guys are who are building Falcons. They are no rookies to the boat business. They have had their hands in several brands from the past. Some mentioned above.
    I have a Triton so no real bias other than I live not too far from Falcon plant. I have been inside. It is clean as can be. They are on top of their game. And yes, you can show up unannounced and get a tour 4 out of 5 times.

the new 21xp is one of the best deals going currently on a 21 footer!1
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    yes and yes and javelin and 1-2 others
    In that case it would b Caymas.

Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    I'm sure they are both fine boats, so I would go with the one that offers the best local dealer support. One other observation - Falcon is a smaller company started by the people that owned BumbleBee bass boats and Caymas is a much larger company started by Earl Bentz who started and ran other big brands like Stratos and Triton before selling them. I would be curious about the long-term ownership and direction of both companies as it could affect customer service etc.

You sure it's Falcon and not Phoenix that came from the Bumble Bee background?

19. Member
    I've rode in both and for the ride the falcon but as for looks caymas

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    You sure it's Falcon and not Phoenix that came from the Bumble Bee background?
    One of the Falcon owner's father was Charlie Waller who started Bumble Bee. Phoenix bought the remnants of Bumble Bee at auction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast